15. fuck bowling

narrator's pov.
friday.

"we have the spring preliminaries soon," coach ukai told the team. "we will be having one training camp before then. it will be in two weeks at fukurodani high school."

"coach?" you tapped him, "it's next week."

"it will be held in one week at fukurodani high school."

he turned his head back to you to double-check and you nodded a quick yes.

"it's gonna be run in the same way and the same length as the one earlier in the year was," he continued.

"coach, what teams are gonna be there?" shoyo asked eagerly.

keishin looked up in thought and soon gave up on trying to remember, "sawamura, the list."

you looked down at the clipboard with all the notices for the practice, trying to find the list.

"fukurodani, nekoma, shinzen, ubugawa, and the new addition, itachiyama."

"with SAKUSA?" shoyo gasped.
"with sakusa?" tobio grimaced.

"i assume so," hitoka nodded.

keishin clapped his hands, "okay, everyone warm up now or something. i gotta go do something."

"uh, coach, how long are you gonna be?" you asked quickly as everyone began to disperse.

"like, 5 minutes? takeda knows the plan if you want to start early."

afterschool.
7pm.

koutarou, keiji, kenma, and tetsurou met you somewhere between miyagi and tokyo. you thought it was easier than them wasting gas or spending a bunch of time on the train to your prefecture.

"this is a very cliche place for us to go," you leaned back against the cushioned backing of your booth.

"he wanted to come here because he's a fucking beast at bowling," tetsurou pointed his thumb to koutarou who was eating nachos from the basket in front of him.

"are you good at bowling?" you asked keiji.

"average," he picked up his drink.

"you?" you shouldered kei.

"average."

you rolled your eyes, "kuroo?"

"i'd say i'm good," he shrugged.

"you're better than good, bro," koutarou swallowed his food. "you could seduce everyone in this place with your bowling skills."

"did i seduce you last time?"

"hell yeah," koutarou exclaimed.

kei looked away, unsure of what was happening. kenma wasn't even listening. he was already falling asleep in the corner of the booth.

"y/n, did you order anything?" keiji asked,

"oh, i'm not that hungry," you shook your head.

"did you eat before this?" he asked.

"dude, you ate like one sandwich at practice," kei turned his head to you. "i'll order you something."

"no, no, it's okay," you insisted.

"it's not okay," keiji pushed over his fries. "we can share."

"then you won't have enough to eat," you said.

"i wasn't gonna finish them anyway," he replied.

you sighed, reaching for one of the fries. "thank you."

"you're welcome," he smiled.

"we'll finish our food and pay for the games," tetsurou told the group.

"fuck bowling," kenma rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up before anyone else could start shaking him.

"you spend too much time playing video games," tetsurou complained.

"what are you? my mother?" he slumped over in his seat.

"how does he keep getting strikes?!" you groaned, seeing koutarou with his hand up in the air.

"watch when he doesn't get one," keiji crossed his arms, his eyes following kenma going up second. he knocked down all the pins second try.

"i'm so done with playing with you guys," you complained. you came last in the previous round, and it looked like you were going to be coming last again. "this fucking sucks."

"cheer up, y/n," tetsurou got up for his turn. nine pins.

"good luck," kei snarked.

"gOoD lUcK," you mocked.

you picked up a bowling ball from the return machine that was a little heavier than the one you chose last round.

more than anything, you just wanted to not get a gutter ball. you threw the ball, watching it go straight forward and hitting down all the pins.

"YES!" you yelled, pointing both hands into the air.

"YAYYY!" koutarou clapped for you.

you sat back down next to keiji once again.

"you finally got a strike," he patted your back.

"feels good," you leaned into him, letting his arm rest over your shoulders.

"he's gonna get seven, just watch," you whispered.

"i'm betting five," keiji whispered back.

"how much?"

"the price of the next game?" he suggested.

"deal," you shook his hand.

he scored five.

keiji turned his head to you.

you chuckled, changing the conditions of your bet, "overall!"

"that's not what we bet on," he laughed.

your hand gripped his jaw lightly, turning his head to face the alley, "seven or eight and i win."

"okay, okay, nine or ten and i win," he accepted the changes.

eight.

you smirked at him, "a deal's a deal."

"a deal is a deal," he slipped away from you, going up for his turn.

author's note - lightly edited
i think you know where i'm going with this