22. you apologise like a boy

narrator's pov.

"how about we stop watching movies and we settle down for bed?" you said to hansuke, the credits of the princess and the frog playing in the background.

"no."

"you love saying no," you poked his cheek, "c'mon, we've already watched 3 movies and it's your bedtime."

he shut his eyes and held his stuffed toy.

"as cute as you are, you need to sleep in your bed baby," you smiled sympathetically, "let's go, up."

you were just sitting up when you were startled by knocks on your window. you jumped, scaring hansuke.

"tobio?" you furrowed your brows, quickly unlocking your window.

hansuke gasped, "tobio!!"

"hi han," he slid the window open, climbing through. "why aren't your blinds closed?"

"we were watching a movie and it just got dark. i wasn't expecting a creep to try to get through my window," you flicked him.

"ow," he squinted, rubbing his head. "can we talk?"

"that's not nice," hansuke frowned at you.

you tapped his back to start walking, turning your head around to tobio, "we'll talk when i get back from putting this guy to bed."

"noo! tobi's here," he whined.

"you can talk to him another day, bed, now," you opened your door for him. "do you want to be tucked in tonight?"

"no," he smiled widely.

"are you showing tobio that you're a big boy?" you giggled.

"yah," he ran down the hall.

you breathed out a small laugh, "oh okay, goodnight, i love you!"

"love youuu!"

you watched your little brother leave down the hall before shutting the door and sitting back down at your bed.

"hi," you cleared your throat.

"i'm sorry, y/n," he blurted out.

"you're sorry for what?"

"for not telling my mom about us?"

"why are you saying it like a question? you don't know why you're sorry?" you furrowed your eyebrows. part of it was you being entertained by how he reacted, but you did mean it.

you couldn't tell if he understood why you were upset.

"no, i know why i'm sorry. i should have told her."

"because?"

"you're important to me."

"and?"

"and?"

"tobio, you basically shitted on me for how i was raised and the person i am. wouldn't you feel hurt and embarrassed?"

"that was before i got to know you, i swear i don't think of you like that anymore."

you nodded, "uh-huh, but you make those assumptions about other people?"

"no- no! y/n, i'm trying to apologise, stop confusing me. i didn't say that and i don't do that."

"whatever, go on," you rolled your eyes.

"i am sorry for hurting and embarrassing you, i won't do it again."

"you apologise like a boy," you sighed. "and i'm not hurt, i don't care about you enough to be hurt by anything you say."

"you just said you feel hurt?"

"i asked if you- whatever, nevermind," you scoffed, "i kind of forgive you. i guess."

"that's okay,"

"i know it's okay, i don't need your approval."

"y/n!"

"tobio," you stared blankly, staring away with your arms crossed.

"i'll tell her about us," he moved closer, putting his head down to see your face. "you can meet her, we can talk."

"am i still allowed to talk to your mom if i'm an idiot delinquent who does nothing but bother her perfect son?"

"babeeee," he whined.

you looked at him, "okay, i'll meet your mom or whatever."

"thank you!" he hugged you. "you won't regret forgiving me, she's gonna love you i promise."

"i don't care what your mom thinks of me," you lied.

"i don't care what you don't care about," he lied.

you sucked your teeth, glaring at him. he slid his hand onto your knee, "i missed you."

"shut up and lock my door."

author's note
LOL?