16. meet the other managers

narrator's pov.
1st day | 9:30am.

"be on your best behaviour," takeda told your team as you all left the van. "just remember that you're here to practice and to enhance your volleyball skills. go unpack and be ready for practice at 11."

the entire ride over, you avoided tobio. you sat next to kei and ended up taking a short nap.

when you woke up, you saw tobio sparing a brief glance over at you leaning against kei's shoulder.

"TANAKA RYŪNOSUKEEEE," someone yelled, running out from inside of the building.

he went running towards the familiar voice, YAMAMOTOOOOO!!"

"the cute manager is back," taketora gasped to ryūnosuke.

"shut up, asshole," you held hitoka's hand as you walked past him.

"and the mean one," he hissed, "jokes on you, i have a degradation kink!"

"dude," kei let out an exasperated sigh, shaking his head. he had just gotten to the camp and was already sick of everyone.

you went down the hall, straight to the room for the managers. there, you found one of the girls that you had gotten familiar with the previous year.

all three of the ones you had met in your first year were third-years now, leaving only you and hitoka as the second years. you were happy to know that newer first years had started so you weren't the youngest there.

eri, the manager of ubugawa, was the first to notice you, "oh my god, y/n, yachi!"

"eri!" yachi hugged her excitedly.

"hi, eri," you smiled, dropping your bag next to where you knew you'd be sleeping.

"how is 17 treating you?" she came over to hug you next.

"it's been alright," you laughed softly.

"you guys are almost third-years," she pouted. "ugh, this is our last training camp together."

"I SEE KARASUNO IN THE HALLWAY..." someone rushed down the hall, stopping themself in the doorway. "OH MY GOD!"

"MAKO!" you jumped at her.

mako was from shinzen. she was by far your favourite of all of the managers.

"Y/N!!!" she excitedly caught you. "I MISSED YOU."

"oh god," hitoka stared at the two of you.

eri's eyes widened, "they're together again..."

"you don't know how much i have to catch you up on," you dragged her into the room.

walking in just behind the two of you was dani. "oh, hi everyone," she smiled, dropping the freshly washed blankets on top of a nearby mattress. "wait, is this everyone? no."

"DANIIIIII!" eri ran to her, arms flailing and all.

"ERIIII!" dani exclaimed. "you've been here for half an hour already, what are you doing!"

"i know, everyone was doing it," she said. "and you're my best friend here."

"you're my best friend here too," dani smiled. "now get up so i can get the pillow cases."

"do you need help?" you offered.

"it's alright, they're just down the hall anyway," she dismissed you, "thank you though."

she turned around, coming face to face with two first years.

"oh, azuna! meet the other managers," dani stopped her. azuna was a new first-year manager at fukurodani that dani had just recruited to take her place after she graduated.