12. she's pretty

narrator's pov.

"bokuto, that is such a bad idea and i love it so much," you smiled.

"let's go!" he urged you.

the idea was to do the "10 things i hate about you" dance on top of the table. he thought it'd be fun to do it on the counter after he got permission from issei.

"hey, hey," keiji grabbed the top of your forearm.

"oi! let me go!"

"i don't think that's a good idea."

"i know it's not! i just said that," you laughed.

"sawamura..." he tilted his head disapprovingly. it made you sad because he looked like a disappointed dad.

"don't look at me like that, we'll be fine! bokuto's strong, he can catch me if i fall," you reasoned.

"he's clumsy."

koutarou took it as a huge offence, "I AM NOT."

keiji sighed, deciding to just let you do what you wanted to, but take precautions and stand by the counter that you'd be dancing on.

"y/n! y/n! y/n!" koutarou bent down to tap you.

"bokuto??"

"come up here," he held his hand out to you. "are we doing the actual dance or just any of them?"

"uhh, actual dance. DUH."

"you're so right."

keiji stood worriedly watching while a crowd gathered. it wasn't a big crowd, but it was enough to have people whistling and yelling things.

it was fun. you were having fun.

your mind was completely off of all of your worries, until you glanced behind koutarou. why did he have to be there?

tobio was standing in the corner with a girl you didn't know, but his attention wasn't on her. he broke eye contact the second you made it and turned back to the girl that was smiling at him.

then she touched his arm, and he didn't do anything about it. why wasn't he doing anything about it?

"kageyama?"

tobio was startled, "oh- huh?"

"were you even listening to me?" she furrowed her brows.

"yeah, you were talking about... the song?"

"yeah!" she smiled. her hand dropped onto his arm, "you're cute when you're confused."

"thank... you?"

"it's a compliment," she laughed.

he laughed back, though completely unsure why they were laughing. he wasn't good at talking to girls, especially girls he really didn't wanna talk to.

"she's pretty," the girl pointed to you still on the counter.

"uh, yeah," he cleared his throat, "look, they're doing shots."

tobio wanted to get away from you. he didn't understand why you didn't want to see him anymore. he guessed you were never that into him, considering that you seemed perfectly fine without him.

"wait, i wanna watch them da-"

the girl was put out when tobio ignored her and left anyway. she stayed to watch you.

when you were done dancing, you were back on the couch talking with tetsurou, koutarou, keij, and an irritated kenma.

"sunday?" tetsurou asked.

"i have work on sunday," you groaned. it was hard to figure out a date that worked for all of you.

koutarou was busy with volleyball, and tetsurou had college classes to attend, however, keiji and kenma weren't as busy.

"what about next friday night?" tetsurou suggested. he never had anything to do on friday nights anymore.

"i'm free," you nodded.

"so am i," koutarou added.

"we should make a groupchat," keiji insisted. "y/n, i don't have your number."

"uhhh, just take my phone and find it."

you threw it when he was off guard, but luckily he caught it. "you need to unlock it."

"the password is-"

"y/n, don't share your password with everyone," someone spoke from beside the table.

"tsukki!!" you exclaimed, jumping up to wrap your arms around him. "you came!!"

"yeah," he wrapped a single arm around your back awkwardly. "have you been drinking?"

"a little," you laughed.

keiji seemed confused.

"hey, four eyes, are you together??" kuroo asked.

"we are not," kei replied. "and respectfully, please do not call me that."

"awe, poor tsukki," you pouted.

"you gonna sit down?" he raised an eyebrow at you.

you grabbed his hand, dragging him down with you, "right."

"we were planning to meet up next week," koutarou informed him, "care to join?"

"OH YEAH, my password is 86246," you borderline yelled to keiji.

"god dammit, y/n," kei sighed.

"you're so funny sometimes," you stared at the side of his face in awe.

"how much did you drink?" he grimaced.

"i actually don't know, that's the thing," you answered.

"she had at least 5 but they were diluted," keiji looked up from his phone, "not by a lot though."

"woooow, akaashi! you're so attentive!" koutarou complimented him.

you held your hand out for your phone, "yeah, wowww, akaashi."

"don't flatter yourself," he joked, handing it back to you. "i put my number in your phone by the way."

"oh you did? how am i not supposed to feel flattered by that?" you slumped back against the couch. "i'm kinda tired."

"do you want me to take you home?" kei asked.

"i should probably go home," you hummed, "okay."

"it's barely 2am," tetsurou threw his head back, groaning. "you don't really have to go, do you?"

"nooo, i think i do," you slipped your phone into your back pocket and standing up. "hug me goodbye."

"oh my god," he held up his arms.

"bye kuroo."

"bye, y/n," he patted your back.

"bokuto-"

"come here," he immediately wrapped his arms around your waist. you started laughing because it tickled.

you pulled back, "bye bye."

keiji was staring up at you.

"you waiting for something?" you grinned sarcastically.

"are you waiting for something?"

"bye keiji," you gave in, "i'll see you next week."

"see you next week,"

you kissed his cheek before pulling back, and he looked startled. he wasn't expecting it, but it was nice.

"we'll go now," you grabbed kei's arm.

"bye i guess," he trailed behind you.

author's note - lightly edited.
let's be honest, it was time for the akaashi appearance. if you've read any of my other books, you knew it was coming 💀