⁰⁶ HOMECOMING: SIRIUS & Lazarus

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ⁶
Working theories

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ⁶Working theories

LEILANI Reeves laid awake on the hospital bed, she stroked Christian's bionic hand tenderly, feeling the roughness of his prosthetic. Christian's eyes were fixated on his phone as he used his left hand to type, his face was stoic, eyes serious and jaw clenched. Something was wrong, she could tell by the lack of emotion on his face. Christian was a private man that loved to hide his emotions, but after dating for four years and being engaged for three, Leilani was able to read him like an open book. Being stoic for Christian meant trouble, meant something was not in his control, and that meant his full focus will be on that trouble until it gets fixed.

"Are you having a bad day?" Leilani said hoarsely, she ran her tongue over her lips and cleared her throat.

Christian let out a heavy sigh before locking his phone and letting it fall on the bed, he turned his attention to her. "Just a small mishap, but nothing I haven't dealt with before."

"You'll find a way around it." She reassured him, squeezing his prosthetic arm, and Christian squeezed back gently. "Nothing escapes you."

Christian chuckled dryly, he ran a hand over his long dark hair, before scratching his beard. "I beg to differ." He sighs heavily, he pressed his elbow against the bed and leaned his cheek on his closed fist. Leilani watched him play with her fingers as he vented out on her, the neurosurgeon listened attentively. "Do you know what I truly despise in this world? Like, genuinely cannot tolerate."

"Uhm, The Starks?" Leilani jokes, Christian narrowed his eyes on her.

"I'm being serious right now." He told her, but the playful smirk never left his thin lips.

Leilani giggled, she leaned her head back on the pillow, never breaking eye contact with him. "I don't know, Chris. Dishonest people, maybe?"

"Exactly." He bobbed his head up and down dramatically, his chocolate eyes burning with annoyance. "SIRIUS is supposed to be about trust and honesty, we're supposed to be a brotherhood, a safe environment for veterans and those who want to make a difference in the world. That's our code. And then, here comes this fella..." He clenched his jaw so hard, holding back his fury and desire to punish the responsible for jeopardizing the mission. "God, there's always one. Here comes this jackass that doesn't give a sh*t about the code and sends everything to hell just because."

"Who?" Leilani dared to ask even though she already knew the answer.

Christian almost utter his name and in response to that almost slip up, he bit his tongue and changed his response. "You know I can't share that with you. It's..."

"... classified. I know." Leilani sighs, she gestures for him to get closer to her. "Come here, baby."

"But your breath..." Christian playfully joked.