²⁰ HOMECOMING: riot and vulture

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ²⁰
She's the heart

THE night was dark and full of crime.

Spider-Man and Heathen made it into the abandoned warehouse where Adrian Toomes awaited unsuspectingly. Upon setting foot into the open room, Heathen shifted back, there was no point in hiding behind the symbiote when the man already knew his identity. His sky-blue eyes were fixed on the Vulture who stood at the very end of the open room with his back turned to them, the silent room was filled with echoes of his whistling.

Whereas Spider-Man's footsteps became louder and angrier, Leo remained uncharacteristically calm as they approached Toomes. "Hey!"

The whistling stopped abruptly, and Adrian turned to face his greatest migraine and obstacle; two teenage boys. "Surprised?"

"Ah. Hey, Pete." His cold blue eyes glance at Leo, who came to a sudden halt next to his partner. "Leo. I didn't hear you come in."

He's playing you.

Adrian leaned back against the desk with one hand gripping the edge of it, and Peter quickly shot a web at his hand. "It's over. I've got you."

"You know," he started, eyes flickering to Leo who stood beside Peter, "I gotta tell you. I really, really admire your grit. Even after I threatened to kill your family and everyone you love... you still chose to do the right thing-- well, according to your judgment. I see why Liz likes you."

Told you, Teagan woulda been a better date.

"When you first came to the house..." Adrian recalled with a nasty smirk, Leo remained passive and only limit himself to listening. "I thought I knew the reason. You know... the blue eyes... the hair. You're literally Prince Charming. And to top it off, you know exactly what to say and when to say it. Hell, even my wife adores you!"

"How could you do this to them?" Peter asked voice laced with indignation.

Adrian blink once, twice before pulling a confused face. "To them? I'm not doing anything to them, Pete. I'm doing this for them."

"Yeah?" Leo pressed, eyes narrowing. "Don't kid yourself, Toomes. You're only doing this for yourself." He hissed, taking  For the luxury. If you were really doing this for them, then you wouldn't have kept them in the dark about any of this."

The Vulture sighs and tries to explain himself better. "Right, because the truth would've done-- what exactly? You, teenagers, think life is black and white-- you're either rich or you're poor, you're good, or you're evil, smart or dumb-- and I don't blame you for it, you're still young. An inexperienced mindset comes with your youth. So you don't really understand how the world works."