¹⁷ HOMECOMING: Consequences of Heroing

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ¹⁷
Homecoming

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ¹⁷Homecoming

LEO was right

LEO was right. Upon getting home, Leilani made sure her little brother was in good condition before laying the cards on the table for him. It was late and Leo wanted nothing more than to forget about this horrific day and just move on with his life, but life has a knack of making people face their problems. You could run from them, but not forever. Leilani had had enough with the secrecy going on in her life, she already had to make peace with the fact that Christian's work was super confidential, and he couldn't even spare any details. And now Leo? Leilani was one of the toughest people in the world, she respected people's businesses, and she minded her own.

But things were different. Something was different about him, she could feel it.

"No, mm-mm, I'm not buying that," Leilani admitted, she stared down at her brother, who sported a desperate look on his face. "I'm sorry, but unfortunately for you, I'm not dense."

Leo rolled his tongue over his lower lip, he shifted closer to the edge of the couch, eagerly moving his hands as he tried to explain himself. "I never said-"

"Perhaps you didn't say it, but you treat me as such." Leilani's voice was sharp and angry, the flushed look on her face told him his lies weren't working, and she wasn't about to let this slide. "Lying to my face, over and over and over again. What's going on with you? And I want the truth, no more beating around the bush. The truth, Napoleon."

Leo clenched his jaw, dropping his head into his hands out of frustration. Yes, he was terrified of letting her in on everything. He loved her so much, and he wanted to protect her, more than anything in the world. But he knew lying to her would only hurt her more, he never meant to offend her by hiding the truth, he just wanted to spare her the trouble and worry... or perhaps he was sparing himself.

"Okay, fine." Leo shoots up from his seat, Leilani stares at him with an arched eyebrow and arms braided over her chest. "You want the truth? Then here is it."