²¹ HOMECOMING: time

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ²¹
we were happy.

𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊! ━━━ ²¹we were happy

"THAT whole-- Like, it was just crazy."

Ned Leeds followed Peter Parker through the crowded hallways and spoke in an exciting voice. "He-- He was just, like... And you were like... And then I just hit him with the..." He impersonated Spider-Man's web-shooting gesture. "It was so-- Oh, my God."

Peter nodded. "You were great. You saved me." He smiled at that, seemingly proud of himself for being of service that eventful night. "And, hey, are you-- are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I mean, I got a few bruises on my arm from the fall, but that's just collateral." Ned seemed genuinely unbothered by last night's events.

Peter knows that the worst is over. Toomes and Cole are in jail, the Avengers belongings were intact, it's safe to say that last night was a success. But the teenager still had trouble sleeping despite being utterly exhausted, he just couldn't forgive himself for exposing his friends and leaving them unprotected. They were lucky Cole didn't take Ned as well, but he did threaten them with Teagan's life, and that was a hard pill to swallow for him.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that... and I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

Ned let out a sigh, his expression softening as he looked at Peter. "Dude, you were out there fighting a villain, and saving the day-- well, night, you know what I mean. Things could've been a hundred times worse, but they weren't." Peter nodded and glanced away as they continued to walk. "None of what happened is your fault. You couldn't possibly have known that he would show up and do what he did. You gave it your best and you succeeded. I'm proud of you."

A soft smile appeared on Peter's thin lips as he glanced over at his best friend with a spark in his eyes. "Thanks, buddy."

He gave Ned a side hug as they continued to walk, their eyes fixed forward, and their steps slowed down as they noticed Leo approaching a crying Liz. After what went down, Liz's mother was transferring her to another school in a whole different state.

Leo Reeves approached his friend with guilty eyes, he waited until she said her goodbyes to Betty Grant before advancing toward her. "Liz, please wait."

The seemingly perfect girl turned toward him looking like a mess, her eyes were bloodshot, bags under her eyes prominent, and the look on her face just screamed betrayal. He felt his heart shrink at the sight of her, not knowing what to do to make her feel better, but it didn't matter what he did, it would be futile.

"Liz, look, I'm so sorry."

She chuckled dryly as a tear rolled down her cheek, she wiped it just as fast as it fell. "People keep saying that, and I wondered, what do they feel sorry for? That my father turned out to be not who he said he was?" She scoffed, "As if my mother and I aren't sorry enough."