*Filler: Comfort in the Cold

~Third Person~

Back at the dance? A lone Weiss Schnee looked at her reddened feet as she let out a small groan as Yang walked over with a small giggle and shake of her head.

"So, was it worth it?"

"It was fun...but no, it wasn't..."

Weiss had accepted Neptune's proposal to dance yet, it was more of a courteous gesture than anything else. Especially given the talk that Yang had given her right before the dance as well...

A few hours ago, Team RWBY's Dorm.
Weiss was standing in front of the large mirror in the dorm as she fixed herself up nicely despite Neptune turning her proposal down. Something that had been bugging her yet, didn't stop her from wanting to attend the dance-

"Ruby! Hurry up! I need to use the bathroom too!"

"No! If I stay in here, I can't go to the dance! So I'm staying here!"

"You little-! Open the door before I break it down!"

Weiss and Blake would giggle at the two sister's and their antics yet, Weiss's giggling was cut short as it turned into a sigh. Something Blake had caught as her bow twitched softly before turning to the Heiress of a girl and teammate.

"Weiss? Are you okay...?"

"Huh? Of course! Just a bit...under the weather! Yes. Nothing a couple of painkillers can't fix."

She tried to give her teammate a reassuring smile yet, Blake knew a forced smile when she saw one-and there goes the door's lock to the bathroom. Watching Yang drag out a still undressed Ruby, Blake soon focused back on Weiss.

"If you don't feel good, you shouldn't force yourself to go."

"What? Weiss is sick? Oh come on! We get Blake on board and lose another crewmate to the raging sea of misfortune!"

The girls all collectively looked at Yang as she gave a sheepish chuckle and awkward rub of her neck.

"S-Sorry. I've been reading a lot of pirate books lately..."

"Anyways...Yang has a point. You seemed fine earlier today. So, Weiss Shuh-nee! What is your problem!?"

In a manner much like Weiss had done before the Team and (Y/N) decided to go on a hunt for injustice, Ruby was now striking a large pose using Yang's arms and a chair nearby. Something that made Yang blink before ultimately letting her sister drop with a soft thud and loud yelp. Weiss would sigh out audibly as she frowned.

"It's Neptune...I asked him to accompany me to the dance and he...turned me down."

"Wait...all this over Neptune?"

"Weiss? You can't be serious...What exactly do you like about Neptune anyways?"

"W-Well, he's cute! He's funny and he treats me just like any other girl in this school!"

Weiss would try to point out the facts as the girls would remember the boy's dashing looks, his humorous nature and how he joked with Weiss. Although it did answer Ruby's question, it left Yang with a rather sour taste in her mouth as she remembered how (Y/N) looked at Weiss throughout those moments. Either having a helmet or not, she could tell he definitely was hurt by the events yet, more so as she remembered what Sun had told her. In specific, his little speech of how a life of happiness isn't cut out for a guy like him. Yang couldn't hold it in anymore as she growled out.

"Does that remind you of somebody, Weiss...?"

The girls all looked at Yang to see her eyes red in color to which all of them responded by gaining looks of shock. Especially Weiss as she felt as though the comment was directed straight at her. Which it was.