Volume Finale: World Unfolding

-First Person-

"The cruel mistress of waking specifically today....may all the gods save me today..."

"PILOT, I AM NOT DETECTING A CRUEL FEMALE."

Today was a day I wish hadn't come. I knew I was doing this for Ruby but, my god do I hate this situation. Sighing thanks to Athena, I had just finished strapping in the last piece of my flight suit armor. Grabbing my B3 Wingman, I'd holster it on my thigh before heading to the door.

However, I felt like today was going to be different. Far more different. Turning to my weapon rack, I looked at the small arsenal capable of overthrowing a small country, in the hands of a pilot, before ultimately grabbing my CAR SMG and strapping it onto my back. Athena seemed to note I was a bit on edge and commented on it.

"PILOT, YOU GRABBED MORE THAN YOU SHOULD HAVE."

"I know...it's just...yesterday I had this feeling I was being watched...So, call me crazy but, I think its necessasy. Just be on standby for the rest of the day. Alright?"

"CONFIRMED. I WILL BE READY TO LEAVE IF YOU REQUIRE ME."

Smiling at Athena and raising a thumbs up, she would put one up in return. She's always had my back, I knew it was because she's a robot designed to work for me but, she's always felt different. From what I heard, Cooper and BT had something similar. I wonder what those two are up to?

Leaving my dorm, I walked on over to Team RWBY's, or what's left of it, dorm. Knocking, I waited for a bit before I heard a door open behind me to reveal none other than Jaune. Who smiled and waved as I returned it with a two finger salute.

"Heya, Pilot! What ya over here for?"

"Oh y'know, stopping a team from tearing itself apart because of politics. Man had I known I was part of the Peacekeepers Corp., I would've asked for a priest."

Jaune chuckled softly before sighing softly.

"Yeah. We heard...literally."

My face soon scrunched up under my helmet as it basically became a domestic distrubance. Like a mom and dad fighting and the kid having to stand nearby and watch.

"Well, after today? Imma make sure that gets put to rest...even if I hate it..."

Jaune seemed to perk up a bit at the fact I was willing to help this team, ironically, against my very own will. Confirming there was no going back now, the door to Team RWBY opened up and there stood the three remaining students. Weiss though, seemed to be frowning before she saw me. Putting a "hmph" to her chest, she looked away. Ruby seemed to be happy that I was actually going to tag along. How do I know? Well....

"Yes! You came! I was so scared you weren't gonna come along which would mean you were done with us!"

"Woah there!"

Placing a hand on Ruby's head, she continued to vibrate, literally, with energy that she was happy I was there. Gotta admit, it definitely would help if she was like that most of the time.

"Okay, so, we ready then?"

"Yeah!"

"Welp, cya around Jau-AHH! Ruby! Not again!"

If you don't know what that was, then let me break it down. In the small time I turned to look at Jaune and say sayonara, Ruby grabbed my arm and zoomed off. Trailing a bit behind as Weiss and Yang ran off after me. Jaune stood in front of his door with a blinking wide eyed expression the entire time.

-Third Person-

The pilot now stood next to Ruby and the rest of her team as-

"Blaaaake!"