Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past

~Third Person~

A small (Y/N) was outside in the back terrace of his Angel City home playing with a Die Cast World War Two Era P-51D Mustang and a Die Cast Junkers "Stuka" JU 87. Making airplane noises as he twirled in place with the occasional sound of gunfire coming from the planes as he even moved his hands as if they truly were engaged in a tense Dogfight. One that ended when he let out a small explosion from his mouth as the Stuka began to twirl and plummet to the ground. Nearby on a neighboring terrace, an old woman and her husband would watch on with smiles on their faces as they were accustomed to seeing boys his age being pickpockets at the nearby market.

"Hey, Aviator! You seem to be quite the Pilot! I bet you'll make it big!"

"Hehe! Thank you, Mister Abernathy!"

The boy said with a gleeful toothy smile and violent yet, giddy wave of his hand as the Old Man simply gave a small gentle one. Not being able to match the sugar powered boy. However...that was soon ruined when he heard his mother scream out from the house. Dropping the toy's, they crashed on the ground and last small pieces as well as chips of paint. Not caring them all of a sudden as he rushed into the house. His mother crying out as he quickened his little feet only to be met by two hulking figures that he knew too well...The two would be wearing a frown yet, the second man would look at the boy and give him a small smile as he walked over to the boy.

Kneeling down, he was now face to face with young (Y/N) as he tried to give a reassuring smile as he reached behind himself. A small black box that he soon opened to he met with a sight that made the young boy's eyes twinkle as tears began to stream down his face. Before him, within the box, was a fragment of a Data-Knife that had enough for him to notice just who it belonged to...

"D-Daddy..."

"I'm sorry...kid..."

As the young boy cried...the IMC Soldier could only frown as he gave the box to the boy...

~Present Remnant~

"Hello...Junior."

As Haytham faced off against Athena and (Y/N), there was nothing separating them but a half ruined cement road with lamps on the Beacon Academy Student's side. Bent in a way where it cast light onto Haytham as if spotlight. Behind Haytham was a view of nothing but the distant ruined Academy and the darkness of night hazed over with smoke as well as flames. Behind (Y/N) and Athena was a dark forest that barely had ten feet of visibility as well as the wild......There was a long pause between the two before Athena finally spoke up to break the silence.

"PILOT, I RECOMMEND TAKING SHELTER FOR THE ENSUING BATTLE..."

"Yeah...Sounds like a plan."

Athena would open her front hatch as the Pilot climbed in and sat down before she closed the hatch yet, midway, he heard a commotion. Haytham had saw fit to attack so cheaply that Athena dashed backwards with both boosts of her thrusters. (Y/N)'s eyes widened out upon seeing Haytham had planned to jab Athena and him with a red-bronze Ronin's Broadsword four inches from the hatch. 

"Impressive. Most Titans usually freeze up when their Pilot is embarking them."

"GRANTING CONTROLS TO PILOT."

(Y/N) stumbled back with Athena as he drew her XO-16 to see he also had her Broadsword and Leadwall. Bringing up that XO-16 to aim at Haytham, (Y/N) noticed how the blade of that Broadsword was far more different than just a cosmetic touch up. No. It had grooves running along the entire length of that blade that seemed to be lined with copper. The two would begin to circle one another as (Y/N) made sure the reticle on display stayed on Haytham with perfect accuracy. As for Haytham, he merely would spin the enlarged sword in his hand before finally breaking the menacing silence between the two.