Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression

-First Person-

All I could feel was...nothing. Except for the searing fucking headache! It felt like somebody took an energy siphon cannon and decided to use that to get my heart beating again! It felt like getting shot up by an enemy using a Spitfire and cloak in the Wargames simulation for the umpteenth time!

"F-Fuck..."

Finally, and rather hesitantly, I opened my eyes to see where I was and I couldn't see a damn thing. Looking around, I noticed it's because my helmet had taken a pretty bad hit. Smacking the side of it, the helmet's system rebooted and began the process of starting up again. Looking around, I noticed I was still in Athena's cockpit-

"I'm alive!"

"PILOT, STANDBY FOR TITANFALL."

"Wait what?"

As Athena's ocular system came back online, I noticed we were dropping REALLY fast. Looking down, thanks to Athena assuming the regular Titanfall position, I noticed a lush green forest along with a rather large cliff in the distance.

-Third Person. A few minutes ago-

Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladona, Yang Xiao Long, along with Jaune Arc, Pyrrha Nikos, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren, had all just finished meeting up in what was supposed to be the final destination of their initiation before heading back. However, grimm had other plans as Pyrrha was tossed to the group via deathstalker. All of them having little reaction except for Yang.

"Great! The gangs all here! Now we can die together."

She said in a sarcastic tone but, her little half-sister Ruby had a different plan as she put on a cocky little grin.

"Not if I can help it!"

With a rather weird and almost pathetic war cry, she dashed forward at the giant demonic scorpion. Her sister tried to protest but, Ruby was already up ahead. Pulling out Crescent Rose from behind, she aimed behind herself and pulled the lever of her scythe. Launching her forward with the help of a high-recoil shot, she was prepared to bring her weapon down onto the grimm. Yet, it simply knocked her away with a pincer as she flew back a good meter...or 6. Getting up slowly and with a shake, she tried to reassure everything was a-ok.

"D...Do-Don't worry! Everything is totally fine!"

Hearing the heavy clatter behind her, she turned to see the scorpion hadn't attacked but, was very there. Bringing up her scythe, she fired a round that simply bounced off the armor plating of the deathstalker before it roared out. Causing the young girl to begin to run away, putting her scythe away as she did so. Almost like a middle finger to her existence, the same nevermore that pestered her and Weiss earlier was coming back.

Firing off a barrage of its razor tipped feathers, a bunch landed behind Ruby before one actually snagged her cloak. Yanking her onto her rear, as her sister did the same to dodge the incoming feather barrage. Yang stood up and leaned against a feather and called out to her sister to get out of there. Onethat her sister tried to assure she was trying but, to no avail as the deathstalker came creeping up.

Ruby finally turned and noticed the deathstalker was about to bring down its giant yellow stinger onto her. In s futile attempt, she went to cover her head and close her eyes. A white streak had shot past Yang as the group behind just watched but, one of them noticed something falling from the sky. Blake.

"What's that!?"

Just then, a giant bang and thud was heard as everyone was dropped to the ground. A large dust cloud was seen where Ruby and the deathstalker was, everyone had stopped, even Weiss, just watching on as the dust cleared. To reveal a giant white and red 40-tonne death machine standing on top of what looked like the deathstalker but, it's entire body was now everywhere but where it should be. Everyone just watched in shock and awe at what they were seeing. The machine was obvious a robot that kneeled down on one knee and kept looking down. Suddenly, Ruby yelped when the only eye of the robot opened and looked at her.