Chapter 11

"What a night." Lizzie sighs getting in their bed after they took a shower and change into pajamas which is only a short and t-shirt. "Tell me about it." Scarlett said from the bathroom where she's brushing her teeth. She went into the bedroom wearing only her panties. "Take your shirt off."

"I have my periods." Lizzie tells her receiving a smack from a pillow. "I just want to feel your skin while cuddling you perv."

Lizzie giggles taking her shirt off throwing it at Scarlett with a smirk. The older rolls her eyes and went under the covers immediately cuddling in her girlfriend's neck. "Do you want it?"

"What?" Lizzie asked letting her fingers caressing Scarlett's spine absently. "Rose calling you mama?"

"I wouldn't mind, I mean I always wanted to be a mom. It's just- I- don't you think it's a little fast? A year ago we weren't dating." Elizabeth tried to explain her worry while Scarlett traced a line of feathers-like kisses across her collarbone.

"I don't. You were here to help me since day one even before. You helped since the day I met you. When he wasn't there, which was a lot, you were there to bring me to medical appointments, or build the crib with Chris, or even just to bring me ice cream in the middle of the night because I called you crying. I chose you to be a godparent for a reason, Lizzie. Because you were more a parent than he was. When he went on business trips you came live with me to help me, you took night shifts and diaper duty, you cuddled her and sang to her to make her sleep. If it isn't a mom's behavior then I don't know what is." Scarlett told her, Lizzie never saw how incredible she is.

"I don't want to take his place, he changed for her. What if he doesn't want it." Lizzie said worriedly turning to face Scarlett. "You won't she's a smart kid, didn't you heard her earlier she knows that she has a daddy and a mommy she just wants you to be her second mom. And it's something we'll discuss with him when he gets back from his vacation with Rose." Scarlett reassures her kissing her nose.

"I didn't understand how much we could love someone until I met you." Elizabeth whispered not breaking their eyes contact, it was like they could see each other souls when they look at each other like that. "I'm in love with you, gosh you made me into a softie." Scarlett chuckled nuzzling Lizzie's cheeks.

"You were already a softie love." Lizzie said putting a hand in front of her mouth when a yawn suddenly came. "Go to sleep we'll talk more in the morning."

Lizzie nodded and turn off her nightstand lamp, turning her back on Scarlett. The older quickly understand and wrap her arm around her waist, her hand massaging Lizzie's lower stomach. "You're a life savior."

"Mh I know." Scarlett answered cockily kissing her shoulder, both women quickly fall asleep.

-

August 6th, 2018:

Lizzie was in the garden taking care of her plants making cute voices while Scarlett was in the library reading a book, well in reality she was more looking at Lizzie through the window but still with a book in her hands.

It was a long busy year and she was happy to have some alone time, don't get her wrong she loves Rose to death. But after dying twice and getting a divorce calm time seems to look like heaven. A month after they finished filming Endgame she was on set for marriage story, then it was Lizzie's turn for sorry for your loss, and a month after Lizzie started filming she had to leave for the Czech Republic to film Jojo Rabbit. Meaning they had to do a long-distance relationship until Lizzie finished filming.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Scarlett snap her head around making her wince holding her neck, she didn't even saw Lizzie leave the garden. "Just thinking about this year. This was a lot of work."