Chapter 23

December 23rd, 2021:

"So we kind of did something." Lizzie said with Dylan next to her, everyone living in the house plus Chris was in the living room. Yes, he was practically living with them too now. "Like you know tomorrow is Christmas Eve so we decided that today would be a snowy day."

"Babe it's literally too hot to snow." Scarlett answered frowning a bit. "We know this is why Dylan and I went to rent a snowy thingy."

"What she means is we rent a snow machine. It's in the garden right now." Dylan said clapping his hands. Yesterday was a slow day, they didn't do much only play some games. A smile appears on everyone's face. "Adelaide and Florence are making the team." Lizzie squeals skipping toward Scarlett.

The blonde and the brunette takes Dylan and Lizzie's place facing everyone else. Florence nodded to Adelaide telling her to start. "Okay uh, Rose come here."

"Good choice I'll take Bella." Florence said while Rose runs behind Adelaide whispering something in her ear. "Fine, Theo.." The brunette grumbled to make Rose happy.

"You've just been replaced." Dylan whispered mockingly to Scarlett which she playfully but not so softly elbowed him in the ribs. "I want Scarlett."

"Matt." Adelaide said once again waiting for Rose's mind to settle on someone. "Lizzie." They went like this until the teams were done. Noah and Pierce went on Adelaide's team while Roman and Chris went with Florence. Dylan will be the referee.

They went upstairs to get ready because even if it isn't cold enough to snow outside it's still cold. Florence ended up in Scarlett's room that was now Lizzie's room too. They didn't see much of Florence yesterday, the woman stayed in her room all day. So they were happy to see her kind of smiley face today.

"How are you?" Lizzie asked sitting next to her on her bed. Florence just shrugs sighing. "He didn't even take the time to call me you know. Just a fucking text saying that we didn't work and that it was over. I just don't understand what I did wrong. I gave him everything I could I defended him and our relationship when people were criticized the age difference."

"Hey don't do that, you did nothing wrong. You're an incredible person, and you're so kind and selfless. If he doesn't see that screw him, you'll find someone who can. Plus women are better." Lizzie joked bumping the slightly smaller woman with her shoulder.

"I might just date one then." Florence said chuckling. Scarlett enters the room at this moment with a pout. "Our daughter doesn't want my help because we're not on the same team."

"Wait till she wants to cuddle you'll be her best friend again in no time." Lizzie answered with a soft smile. They put on some coats and meet with the others outside, the green garden was now white covered in a thick layer of fake snow.

Rose squeal and jumped in it with her boots-covered feet. Scarlett took a picture with her phone and showed it to Chris. "Aw, she's cute."

"So the first game of today is a snowman competition, we have thirty minutes to build the best snowman." Dylan announced making some of them groan. "No cheating, it means no destroying the other team work Theo." He pointed toward the other man who help his hands in innocence.

"Ready? Go." Both teams get to work. Florence's team opted for a traditional three balls snowman while  Adelaide's team chose to make one look like Olaf on Rose demand.

Dylan walk around both teams giving them advice or making jokes about what they were doing. Theo runs into the house to take a carrot purposely hiding the rest of it somewhere so Florence's team won't find them.

"And times up, everyone hands up." Dylan yelled when his alarms told him that the thirty minutes were over. He walked around examined both works. "Okay without hesitation Adelaide's team win. Look at your snowman he doesn't even have a nose." Dylan laughed.