Chapter 13

December 13th, 2021:

"Mama, psst mama wake up." Rose tries to wake Lizzie up by poking her. The adult groans and hide her face in the pillow. "Come on mama I know you're awake. Get up I need you."

"Cuddle first." Elizabeth lazily mumbled opening the covers for Rose to get in bed, she check the clock to see it's only 5 am. "Angel it's too early what are you doing awake?"

"I want to make breakfast for mommy to say sorry." Rose pouted getting in her mama's bed. Lizzie smiles softly and takes Rose in her arms. "Sleep at least two more hours and I'll help you make her breakfast."

"Okay." Rose answered in a whisper already falling back asleep, Lizzie follows shortly after. The next time she was waking it wasn't by Rose but morning sickness. She almost runs to the bathroom to empty her stomach. "Mama are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine Rosie. Go in the kitchen I'll meet you there." Rose nodded letting the woman in the bathroom, Lizzie flush the toilet then rinse her mouth and brush her teeth. She makes her way downstairs to a waiting Rose silently sitting on a couch. "Mama, you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine Angel don't worry, so what did you want to make mommy?" Lizzie asked walking into the kitchen followed by Rose. "I don't know she likes everything. But I think her favorite is Waffle?"

"Waffle? Great choice, I'll put all the ingredients in the bowl and you can mix the dough." The two of them get to work washing their hands then proceed to make the waffle dough. Once it's ready Lizzie told Rose to wash some fruits and get a glass of orange juice for Scarlett while she cook the waffle.

Lizzie then cut the fruit observing Rose drawing a sorry note for Scarlett, they put everything on a tray. Lizzie went to the garden to get a beautiful rose and places it in a thin vase on the tray. "I think we're good what do you think?"

"It's great, good job mama" Rose high five Lizzie and they went upstairs with the tray, Rose opens the door for Lizzie. Elizabeth almost wanted to chuckle seeing Scarlett sprawl in the bed her hair going everywhere, and her arm above her head. Before she could say something Rose climb on the bed and jump on Scarlett. "Wakey wakey mommy we made breakfast!"

"What the-." Scarlett jolt awakes sitting up. She looks around the room to see Rose next to her with a big smile and Lizzie holding a tray with an apologetic face. "We made you breakfast mama."

"That's nice thank you." Scarlett mumbled with a raspy voice sleep lingering in her voice. "It's an 'I'm sorry mommy I love you.' breakfast." Rose confesses softly.

"I love you too Rose still you and I need to have a conversation but first breakfast I'm starving." Scarlett said clamping her hands and sitting with her back against the headboard. "Looks delicious."

Lizzie gives her the tray sitting at the end of the bed. "Thanks love." Scarlett teased her again about her slip out which makes the younger actress flop on the bed with her hands hiding her blushing face. "You're never going to leave that aren't you?"

"Why would I? You're cute when you blush." Scarlett complimented making Rose smile at their interaction. "Mama was sick this morning."

"Thanks, Angel yet again I love how you expose me." Lizzie's voice dripping with sarcasm but she has a soft smile on her face. "Sorry, mama." She giggled.

"How you're feeling now?" Scarlett asked worriedly.

"Oh fine given that I can stay in the same room as food." She answered honestly absently running her fingers across her belly. "Yeah, it's not funny I remember with- never mind." Scarlett started but stop herself when she remembers that Rose is in the room and she didn't want her to catch on to their discussion.