Chapter 18

January 14th, 2015:

Chris was sitting on his couch cuddling with Dodger watching some cheesy movie on his tv when erratic knocks broke his comfort. The knocks make Dodger bark and Chris immediately get off the couch to answer the door. "It's okay Dodger."

He wasn't ready to see Lizzie outside the door wet to the core because it was pouring rains outside, and he sure wasn't ready to see her crying as erratically as she knocked on the door. "Lizzie what the hell happened."

"He- he-I just wanted to-and he- I run here." She said as an explanation, Chris didn't understand anything but he takes her by the arm to pull her into his warm house making her yelp. "S-Stop please." She whimpered.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to hurt you, did you fell while you run here?" He asked leading her to the living room seeing as her bottom lip was bleeding. She shakes her head and crossed her arms to warm herself. Chris approaches her more carefully and lightly opens his arms for her if she wants.

Lizzie saw this and crashes into him crying hysterically, Chris didn't even care he was going to be all wet his friend was in trouble all he want to do is comfort her. "He hit me." She finally whimpered out.

Chris did everything he could to control his movement not wanting to scare her off, but he couldn't control how his jaw muscle clenched. "I've got you, you're safe here."

He let her be in his arms until he felt her shivering. "You need to change or you'll be sick." She shakes her head tightening her grip on his shirt. "No, no please it hurt, everything hurts."

"I know it does, but if you change we can examine the damage, Lizzie. I can call Cobie if you're uncomfortable with me being a man?" Chris told her concerned, now he knows why she yelped when he took her arms but didn't know where else she was hurt.

"NO! Don't! Don't tell anyone else. Please Chris I'm sorry to disturb you, but don't call anyone. I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry please."  She apologized frantically looking around to be sure it's was only the two of them.

"Hey, hey calm down it's okay, you're not disturbing anything. I'm glad you came here for help. You'll be okay here. Let me help you?" He asked when she calm down, she stops crying and just nodded silently. Chris then lead her to the bathroom turning on the small auxiliary heating. "Can you take your clothes alone or do you need me?"

"Help, please." She mumbled only loud enough for him to understand, he nods and carefully help her out of her sweatshirt and jeans. He immediately put a warm comfy towel around her going in his cupboard to find some ointment for the bruises. "I'm not leaving." Chris reassured her when she grabs his shirt.

"Can I put this on you? It would help with the pain and healing." He asked again not wanting to overstep. He was really a good actor playing calmly when in reality he was just boiling wanting to beat this shit just like he beat Lizzie. The only answer he got is Lizzie nodding and opening the towel to let him access her torso.

She had bruises on both of her shoulders, we could easily see hands shape, where he had pushed her against a dresser. Her lower back was also bruised because of the dresser, she also had a big blue/black bruise on her right ribs where he had punched her, a hand form bruises on her left arm when he grabbed her as she was trying to run away. And finally, her lip was open from the first hit she received tonight.

After putting the cream everywhere she needs it he went to grab her some comfortable clothes, he took some sweatpants and a hoodie Scarlett had left here when she visited and help her get dressed. He secretly hopes the sent of her best friend would help her relax a bit. "Come on you can cuddle with Dodger while I make you a hot drink."