Chapter Fifteen - Focus

#15 Focus

Sam stuffed his hands into his pockets as he climbed the stairs. He knew that right about now you were probably talking with Dean. He knew where. He held his breath as he approached the guest room. As he listened he did not hear your voice, or Deans for that matter. Maybe Dean had walked out. Maybe you weren’t there at all. The door was slightly ajar, so Sam peeked through though. His heart sank at the view before him.

You were in Deans arms, lips locked tight with his brothers. Sam let out that trapped breath before turning back. So it was final, you had made your decision and Sam would have to live knowing that he had never even tried. The hardest part was that, deep down, Sammy knew that whichever one of them you ended with, the Winchesters kind of had a knack for hurting the women in their lives. Jessica, Madison. God knows how many times Dean had messed with Lisa’s head. Defeated, Sam walked away. He didn’t know where he was going, maybe he’d just hit the books again, alone this time.

You smiled into Deans lips briefly. His hands had found their way to your hips, giving your hands an entrance to his face. You pressed your fingers to his jaw-line, breathing in his sweet scent, making you regret what you were about to do. You pulled back, fingers still resting upon his face, mostly to stop him from moving with you.

You offered a simper, “we shouldn’t be doing this, not now.”

“Why not?” Dean frowned. He attempted to move towards you, though you held him steady.

“No Dean,” you breathed “That was... Amazing. But I’ve just got so many things going on right now. I’m not sure how I feel about any of you guys. I can’t drag you through it all while I make up my mind.”

Dean shrugged, “Is it about someone else here?”

You averted your gaze, pinning your [colour] eyes to the ground, “I don’t know.”

You felt the warmth of Deans hands on your face again, “I’m not pretending that I fully understand you [Name]. How you constantly insist on putting yourself in harms way. But I’m trying. All I can do is ask you to try and understand that I won’t stop fighting for you.”

You watched the intensity in Deans eyes before you answered,”I wish you would.”

You hesitantly stepped away from Dean and made your way downstairs in search of Bobby. If you were sure of one thing, it was that nothing was going to stop you from beginning your training now. Sure enough, Bobby was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for you. Though he was not the only one, Barachiel stood next to him, tall and straight. You looked past the angel and kept your focus on the older man.

“I’m ready Bobby, I think it’s about time you taught me what you know about demons.”

Bobby nodded once in response, “It’s about time, kid.”

“I can teach her what I know. Naivety will get her killed” Barachiel added. You were about to agree when Dean crept up behind you and placed a hand on your shoulder.

“Actually,” he sneered at Barachiel “I think I’ll take it from here.”