Chapter Eleven - Your Reality

#11 Your Reality

Days passed and turned into weeks before you were able to take your first steps from that bed. You were almost fully recovered, though Dean’s stubborn nature and assertiveness forced you to rest for just a little longer than you had to.

When the time finally came Sam wrapped an arm around you, supporting you at the waist whilst Dean stood in front ready to catch you should you fall.

“I’m okay guys, really” you assured as you climbed up onto the support of your own numb legs. Dean offered a skeptical glance and you actually had to let him bask in the moment as you stumbled on your first step. He was right, and as Sam caught your fall and steadied you once more, you caught a glimpse of that smug look plastered across Dean’s face.

“If you don’t wipe that look off, Dean Winchester” you frowned as the man in front of you shrugged.

“What? I can’t be happy for you?” he grinned. You rolled your eyes as you clutched at Sam’s shirt, taking another shaky step.

It took a while, though Sam finally got you to the bottom of the stairs where Dean took over and began to lead you to the refuge of the couch.

“Can I get you anything?” Sam stood up straight after shifting your weight from his shoulders onto Dean’s.

“A cold beer would be great” you replied.

“Second that” Dean added as he finally got you over to the couch.

“I can do this” you asserted before pulling away from his grasp. He clutched at you a little tighter before sighing and letting you go. You tried your legs and, shaky as they were, they did not let you down as you closed the small gap between Dean and the couch.

“We’ll give you a few days before we start your training” Dean informed. You didn’t push. You didn’t argue back. You knew that you had to wait for the muscles in your legs to strengthen once more before getting out there again and besides you had already accomplished so much in simply getting Dean to agree with the training in the first place.

You nodded in response, though halfheartedly as a question played on your tongue, “So, still not heard anything from Cas or Gabriel?”

“No” Sam replied smoothly as he walked back into the room. He placed a bottle in your hands. The cap was already unscrewed so you took a sip straight away. The cool liquid soothed your throat on the way down and you relaxed back a little into the chair. Sam handed another bottle to Dean, leaving one for himself. “Bobby’s on the case,” Sam continued “But we’ve tried everything. Everywhere that we could think to look, we’ve looked already.”

“I’ve been calling almost every day,” Dean added “It’s like nobody’s home.”

“Do you think they’re hurt?” you questioned.

Dean appeared to turn silent in thought for a short period before his answer came, “Nah, I’m not sure about trusting Gabriel but Cas can handle himself and he will be back, I know it.”