Chapter One: Meeting The Winchesters

#1 Meeting the Winchester’s

You shuddered a little, tugging at your jacket to wrap it tighter around your body. Why was it that your sister insisted on her hen night being held in the dead of winter. Surely you couldn’t refuse, hell, as the maid of honour you were the one to arrange this nightmare, you only had yourself to blame.

You rounded a corner before making your way down a side street. Yes, you were walking. Yes, it was because you intended to get plastered. You focused on the noise of your footsteps, soft and rhythmic. Thinking about it, your sister was all you really had. You had grown up in a small countryside village outside of London with your parents and older sister. Life was quiet, boring. You thought that you had longed for more, all until it finally happened. You awoke to a scratching and a low growl during the night, you only twelve, and your sister, fifteen. You clambered sleepily over to your sisters bed where you shook her awake.

“Laney, I heard a noise” the sound of your own twelve year old voice oozed innocence in your own head.

She rubbed her eyes, “[Name] go back to sleep.”

It was silent for a moment before the sound of your mothers screams tore through the house...

You paused mid-thought as you realised your footsteps were no longer solo. You quickened your pace, digging into your pocket and grasping your army knife. Before you felt a strong hand grasp you and your body was thrown to the side. You opened your mouth to scream, though a hand clasped around your lips to stifle the sound. You came face to face with a pair of hollow black eyes.

“If you scream, I’ll rip your throat out” a twisted voice played into your ear.

You squeezed your eyes shut tightly, you couldn’t see well in the dimly lit street anyway but from the sound of the voice and the pressure restraining your body you knew that your assailant was male. You tried not to scream as you attempted to reach into your pocket. You fumbled for a while before you grasped what you were looking for. You opened your eyes again as you flipped open your army knife and jammed it into the mans side.

You waited for a scream, a cry in pain... though nothing came, nothing but the sickening sound of a sadistic laugh.

“No that wasn’t very nice!” the mans voice escalated on his last syllable as he repositioned himself and grabbed hold of your throat with a rough grasp. You choked, unable to fill your lungs with air. It was at this moment that you realised just how black his eyes were, blacker than night and empty as a black hole. 

You suddenly felt your body jolt. Air filled your lungs in a sudden burst and a burning pain rushed down your side. You had no time to think before your body was dragged to the side and propped against a cold brick wall.

“It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you. We’re not the bad guys” this voice was male also, but different from the first. You clambered drowsily to your feet, still feeling weak from your oxygen deprivation. You could barely see the rough outline of the man in front of you though you could see that he was tall and broad. You managed to reclaim some of your intuition before bringing your knee up sharply between his legs causing him to let out a grunt before falling to the ground. You scrambled across, falling once again before grasping your knife and flicking it open. You clambered to your feet turning around and holding the blade out in front of you just as the man began to straighten.