Chapter Twelve - Hide and Seek

#12 - Hide and Seek

“[Name], [Name],” your body shook forcefully as you snapped your eyes open to see Dean’s face “[Name], are you okay?” his face was a fluster of panic. Sam stood closely by his side.

“Dean” you gasped with relief as you threw yourself into his arms, realising all too soon that the pain in your body had returned. Though you could care less. The brothers were here. They were okay.

Dean held you close, clutching desperately at your shirt and supporting your body with his own. The way that he held you, it was almost as if he was holding you together, as if he were to let go you would just crumble.

“I’m here [Name], me and Sammy” his voice was soft, reassuring. Like Dean could read your mind, it was exactly what you needed.

“What happened?” you looked towards Sam, though you were still held tightly in Dean’s arms.

“You fell asleep,” Sam explained “You started screaming about ten minutes ago.”

“For that long?” you questioned, remembering what you had seen. The all too vivid imagery of it rushing back, seeping back into your mind.

“Yeah, I mean, we thought you were having a fit or something” Dean explained. He released you slowly, brushing your hair from your eyes as he placed you back on the couch. Sam took the seat next to you.

A fit? It all seemed so real. Could it really have just been... You thought about the man that you had encountered. Was he really just a figment of your imagination. Your head was swimming, was it really all just a dream. Kushiel... Gabriel!

“I think Gabriel’s in trouble,” you blurted. Dean’s eyes snapped to you ate your outburst. “Cas too.” 

You felt Sam’s hand rest upon your legs as his eyes studied your face, “How can you know that?”

“I saw them” you replied, you finally noticed the sweat that beaded on your skin, rising from your pores in your flustered state. The brothers shared a worried glance.

“[Name], it was just a dream” Dean assured.

“No, no it wasn’t” you cried.

“She’s right” a new yet familiar voice rose from behind Dean, who turned briskly, pulling a blade from his jacket whilst Sam moved closer to you protectively.

“Put that down,” the new voice sounded again. “I’m not the enemy.” You knew that you recognized that voice. It was gentle, smooth yet with that last sentence, affirmative.

“Azrael?” you looked past Dean to see the curly haired Angel.

You were greeted with a warm smile from Azrael’s full lips, “How are you [Name]? How’s my champion?”