Chapter Twenty-Two - You'll always have me

#22 You'll Always Have Me

You felt your own thick sweat as it beaded against your skin. Your expression of deep set determination, reflecting Bellamy's perfectly.

"Again" the dark haired man before you demanded. It wasn't until you got here that you started to wonder exactly what it was that Bellamy did for a living. Sure, you noticed him leave for work. Noticed him return home every day, though you never actually saw him in his uniform. Or maybe you had, even you had to admit that you had not been the most observant person when you were staying with him. Whichever way, you learned quickly that you were not the only one who was good at keeping secrets. Bellamy was trained, he was strong and he was cunning. As an officer, he knew how to use a firearm with precision and he was fine tuned in hand to hand combat.

You threw another punch and cuffed Bellamy on the right side of his jaw. He shook his head, bouncing back. You knew that one would leave a bruise, but you had already apologised for the million others that you had laid on him, the word 'sorry' had begun to lose it's meaning.

Bellamy threw himself back into stance, "Good, now take me out."

You breathed in as you threw two more punches, both deflected. You landed a third just under his rib cage before ducking down and kicking your leg out. Knocking his feet from beneath him.

You straightened, wiping your brow before offering your hand to help Bellamy to his feet.

"Let me patch you up" you offered. Bellamy didn't hesitate to take your hand. He allowed you to pull him to his feet, leading him in silence to a makeshift bed in the corner of the barn-like room. He perched on the edge as you busied yourself, gathering the supplies that you would need.

You rested on the bed next to Bellamy and got to work, starting with the cuts and bruises on his face. A silence passed before you let out a heavy sigh, "Why are you letting me do this to you, Bell?"

Bellamy focused his vision on you as you began to thread some dental floss through a needle, "You need to be prepared."

You shook your head, "Not like this. I'm going to end up killing you one of these days Bell. Can't we practice with dummies instead?"

"I told you," he replied, clenching his jaw as you began to push the needle through the skin on the top of his arm. "You wouldn't get the same experience that way. Dummies don't fight back. People do."

You let out another breathy sigh. Bellamy waited for you to speak, waited until you had finished your work and clipped the end off of the dental floss. When you didn't utter another word he reached out, cupping your jaw line and forcing you to look back at him.

"Me getting hurt is a small price to pay if it means that you're going into this fight prepared. It's worth it only if you get to live at the end" he stared at you a moment longer before closing the gap between you, pressing his lips to yours. Bellamy's kiss was gentle and although there was a need behind it, it felt safe, there was no risk. It only reminded you of the heated kiss with Dean. It was so... different. You thought of the urgency and lust within Dean's kiss, the claim that he had put on you with just one touch, the undeniable pull of your soul to his. You longed to be back there with the brothers. You pulled away abruptly, noticing Bellamy let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Bell, I..."

"I know" he cut you off. You turned your head, about to let out another lame excuse as to why you couldn't go any further. Not right now, though you were cut off by the rapid sound of wings clapping. Bellamy jumped to his feet and stood protectively in front of you. Though as you peered past him, through the small gap between his arm and side, you knew instantly the figure that stood, slightly hunched before you.