Chapter Three - Angels Exist?

#3 Angels Exist?

You noticed Sam reach for the knife on his belt before pushing the door open. You held back a moment with Dean as Sam went ahead. Dean began to herd you in slowly after Sam walked through the door. It was mere moments before the lights were switched on. You saw the stranger as light bathed the room. He had his back to you but from what you could make out his hair was around the same length as Deans. It was brown also, but a few shades darker than the Winchesters. He wore a long beige overcoat with what looked to be suit pants beneath. You glanced back at Sam to notice a look of recognition wash over his features.

“Cas?” Dean questioned from your side. He no longer hesitated as he walked you into the room and set you down on that familiar bed. Sam closed the door behind him, though he stayed put by the frame. You stranger turned and you were finally able to see his features. He had a rounded face with a strong jaw line and indented chin where a light spray of stubble sat. His lips were full and pale as his skin and his soft blue eyes appeared drawn in thought as he glanced over at you.

“Demons did this?” he didn’t wait for an answer as he began to walk towards you with swift strides. He lifted his hand and placed it upon the top of your head over your [length] [colour] hair. You flinched at his touch, though almost instantly your pain evacuated your body. You lifted your hands to your face as he retracted his. You felt over where your wounds had been but you realized soon enough that they were gone. You looked back towards the stranger who still had his gaze trained on you.

“Who are you?” you questioned, dumbfounded.

“I am Castiel” he replied in monotone.

“He’s an angel” Sam spoke up as he finally moved to sit a few spaces to your left. Dean was still standing where he had stopped by the end of the bed, though he had turned to face the three of you when Castiel had moved.

“Is that...”

“No, it’s not a flirtation. I am an angel of God” Castiel cut you off.

“So demons... and angels? I guess I’ve been living a sheltered life” you scoffed.

“Sheltered?” Castiel questioned.

“Never mind that. Did you find out why they want her, Cas?” Dean dismissed.

“Not yet. But I know that she’s important. She needs to be protected”

“Hey I’m right here and... and I have a name you know” you scolded.

“Yes, most people do” Castiel replied, looking back towards you. You opened your mouth and then closed it again.

“Is he serious?” you questioned after a slight pause. Castiel’s gaze turned questioning.

“Unfortunately, yes” Dean spoke up again. Castiel turned his gaze towards Dean, his expression unfaltering.