Chapter Eighteen - Old Friends

#18 Old Friends

You woke in a cold sweat, as you had done every morning since you had left Bobby's place. You contemplated going back not long ago, just before the nightmares started. You wasted no time in springing from the sheets. You hated sleep. You hated dreaming.

"You leaving already?"you glanced up from your breakfast bowl. Bellamy stood in the door frame, bare chested, in his dark denim jeans.

"A girl's gotta work, Bell" you noted with a smile. He only frowned as he took a few paces towards you, resting a palm on the table as he leaned forward.

"You know, you've been screaming every night for the past two months" he pressed.

"I'm fine," you shrugged him off "Just dreaming of the boogie man." You shoved the remainder of your slightly blackened toast into your mouth before climbing to your feet.

"You can't fool me, [Name]" he called out behind you, though you merely waved him off.

"See you later, Bell" you called out before slamming the door behind you.

You strolled across the street to that same cafe, the one that you had sat down in for the first time just over two weeks ago.

"[Name]? I'm so glad you're here," you looked up to see the blonde waitress who had served you for the first time. You had learned her name, Morgan. "I've been dying of boredom."

"Good thing I'm here then" you smiled. You had found her obnoxious and tedious for the first few days after you started serving coffee in the cozy little cafe, though she began to warm up to you after the third day. Turns out she had 'Daddy Issues' of her own. You had begun to feel a sense of sympathy for her.

"So has Bellamy asked you on a date yet?" she questioned, shifting the red apron on her hips.

You laughed slightly, "It's really not like that. I owe him a lot, but we're just friends."

"Oh, come on. Mr Blake is hot stuff" she winked at you.

You shrugged her off, "Well he's single if you want to take a shot. Seriously, we're just friends."

"Do you think I should?" she smiled.

"Go ahead" you encouraged.

"Thanks, that's so cool of you" her smile widened.

"Welcome," you returned before the door opened a middle aged man stepped inside and sat at one of the many empty tables "Better get to work" you dismissed before heading over.

The coffee shop was hardly busy, though you almost enjoyed the tedious groan of the door, the droning grind of the potent coffee beans. You enjoyed polishing the wooden tables after each customer left. It was a simple distraction from the topics that you wanted to avoid.