Chapter Twenty - Normal

#20 Normal

You took the next two weeks out at work, spending the time sitting in the apartment, staring at that spot on the couch. This new force that you realized that you had, these new powers. The fact that you had drawn them out, used them to take down two demons without even thinking about it. You couldn't take the risk that came along with being around people. So you simply stayed indoors all day, every day. Your existence was becoming tedious, but you couldn't deny that you were afraid. Bellamy spent as much time trying to coax you out of the apartment as possible, but even he had grown tired.

You didn't bother to look over when the door opened. You knew who it would be, you knew the whole routine. Day in. Day out.

"Hey" Bellamy greeted as he walked quickly into the room.

You acknowledged him with a nod as your eyes settled on his face. He looked excited about something.

"Look," he beamed as he pulled something from behind his back "I know you don't want to go anywhere since this whole thing with Morgan, but I have literally spent a fortune on these. Besides, my sister's going to be there, and she's been nagging me something crazy about meeting you."

You couldn't deny the small smile that found itself creeping onto your face. It was Bellamy who had made this those past two weeks bearable.

"See," he took note of your subtle smile "You never know, you may even find yourself having fun."

"Oh, God forbid" you rolled your eyes.

"You know, you're adorable when you get all sassy," he rounded the couch and sat next to you, taking your hands in his "Come on [Name], please."

"Fine" you relented. You figured with the amount that you owed Bellamy, it was the least you could do. He spoke about his younger sister a lot. They were all each other had after their father left and their mother passed away.

You threw your jacket over your shoulders before heading out with Bellamy leading the way. It turned out that it was theater tickets that he had in his hand. You prepared yourself as Bellamy called a cab and you climbed into the back. Bellamy spent a while at the drivers window before climbing in next to you. You rested a shaking hand beside you and, it would appear that Bellamy noticed. He reached out with a steady hand, to grip hold of your own, calming it. You looked over to him and let out a sigh.

"It'll be fine, she's gonna love you" he assured.

You nodded quickly with a smile before turning your attention to the window.

You hadn't noticed until you arrived that Bellamy was still gripping hold of your hand.

"Ready?" he questioned. You nodded, keeping your eyes peeled to the world outside the cab window. You felt him release your hand before he shuffled through his pockets. You guessed that he was paying the fair before he opened his door and climbed out. He rounded the cab and opened the door for you also. You took hold of his outstretched hand and allowed him to lead you out of the cab.

You noticed a girl straight away with dark brown hair, stretching way past her shoulders. She had a black leather jacket wrapped around her. Once she noticed the two of you approaching she began to run towards you.

"Bell!" she exclaimed with a smile. Bellamy dropped your hand just in time to catch his sister as she wrapped her arms around him. He released her slowly before turning to look at you.

"Octavia," he began, addressing his sister "This is [Name]."

She followed Bellamy's gaze and for a moment, you could of sworn that she was wearing a frown, though soon enough she offered you a smile, "I've heard a lot about you. It's like your famous when my brother's around."

You shifted a little before taking a deep breath and returning her smile. It was time for you to start living again. And now was as good a time as ever, "I've heard a lot about you too."

"So," Octavia started back "Are you two together or..."

"Okay O," Bellamy cut her off placing a hand on her back "I think it's time to head in." He sent you an apologetic glance over his shoulder and you let out a subtle laugh. You paused in thought, maybe you and Bellamy wouldn't be a bad idea. You had tried to get back to hunting, you had spent all of your time mulling over your regrets, but maybe you didn't have to. Maybe you could go back to living a normal life.

You had followed after them, heading to the bar before finding your seats. You had sat beside Bellamy, who was tucked in the middle. He had gripped hold of your hand during the performance and you didn't stop him. Once the interval arrived the three of you stood. Bellamy and Octavia opted to head back to the bar while you headed outside for some fresh air.

You leaned against the old theater building, simply thinking about how the night had planned out though you were interrupted as you noticed a rustling noise coming from beside you.

"Well it was nice of you to call once in a while." You recognized that voice, though you didn't believe it really could be... you snapped your head to the side, glancing straight into a pair of caramel colored eyes.

"Gabriel?" you felt your mouth fall open.

"You know," he began, avoiding your question all together. "Running out like that. It was a pretty shitty thing to to [Name]."

You glanced around before gripping hold of his sleeve and pulling him around the corner of the building. Once you were sure that no one else was watching you began to speak again, "Gabe, how did you find me?"

"Really?" he furrowed his brows before letting out a whistle "Unleashing the Godly powers like that, your soldiers were bound to come running. You put out a signal to every single angel on heaven and Earth."

"What?" you hissed.

Gabriel shifted, not out of discomfort, but annoyance, "You see. While you've been playing happy families with Mr. Heartthrob in there I've been searching to the ends of the Earth for you, doing some research on the way. Oh, and by the way, Ohio... really?"

You had become lost as Gabriel rambled. You thought for a moment, simply trying to fathom a single point that Gabriel had made, "You mean Bellamy?"

"Of course," Gabriel shook his head.

You rolled your eyes, "What do you mean, research?"

Gabriel began to sigh, clearly becoming tired "Research into heaven. The reason it's in anarchy? It's because you're not there. God had plans for you, and you just ripped them up and threw them away. The angels were supposed to follow you into war."

You looked toward the ground for a moment before finally glancing back up at Gabriel, "So if you found me then Cas..."

"Cas is dead" Gabriel cut you off.

You flinched, opening your mouth, searching for words that lay dormant on your tongue.

"Surprised?" Gabriel raised an eyebrow.

"And Sam... Dean?" you finally choked.

"Fine for now," Gabriel sighed "But they've got their hands full right now. You see, when 'Cas bit the bullet..."

"Don't talk about him like that" you snapped, the scream in you voice scratching your throat on departure.

"What? So now you care?" Gabriel pushed.

"I never stopped caring. I left because I care. I left because Azrael..." you bit your tongue, choking back your words as your eyes began to swim.

Gabriel looked taken aback, "Because Azrael what?"

"It doesn't matter," you whimpered "I can't go back. Not now... Not now 'Cas is..." you couldn't bring yourself to finish your sentence. Almost as if saying it would make it true.

"Fine," Gabriel shrugged "But you best enjoy what time you have left with Romeo in there before the world ends. Because the kid who works downstairs, he's not taking vacation, and he will release The Hollow."

You barely blinked before Gabriel was gone and as your heart pounded heavily in your chest, you finally realized that your life couldn't be normal again.