Chapter 33

Don't forget to vote!

Xavier's POV

The sound of someone knocking on the door brought me out of my thoughts. I quickly made it towards the door, opening it for him to come in.

"Took you long enough." I spoke out in anger after he closed the door behind him.

"Hey, you can't be upset with me when you had me running an errand for you." He shot back.

Ignoring him I motioned him towards the bedroom where Axarii was resting. When we made it in the room I couldn't help but hear him snickering about something.

"What's fucking funny about this?" I asked him.

He continued to ignore me, walking towards the bed. He picked up the wet cloth from her forehead before flipping it on the other side.

"Why are there several bags on her Xavier?" He asked me slowly.

"She was burning hot everywhere... I didn't know what to do." I told him, looking at the few bags that were filled with ice I laid on parts of her bare flesh, the majority of them were now melted.

He shook his head in response before stacking all of the Ziploc bags on the counter next to him. Mason then placed his bag on the bed, taking out a couple of things. I watched silently as he began the simple procedures, checking things like her heart rate, temperature and things like that.

"Well? How is she-"

He handed me the cloth that was on her head, "Give me another wet cloth." Was all he said.

****

After a few more moments her temperature had gone down, but she was still hot. Mason had given her some kind of medicine to help.

Mason then sighed out as he pilled everything back into his medical bag. He then turned towards me before speaking.

"From the looks of it she's going to be fine, she just needs rest." He stated. I felt a huge wave of relief rush over me.

"Whoever did this knew what they were doing, this was no accident Xavier." He added.

"Yeah, I know... Henry's here. It was one of his henchmen that did this." I informed him.

Mason looked at me in surprise. "What is he doing here? How could he have even known she'd be here? We didn't even know until yesterday." I shrugged in response.

He sighed out, "Well, she still has a high fever. I would say she should be awake some time in the morning or later tonight, it all depends. The liquid they mixed with her drink was intended to knock her out for good... luckily you contacted me in time." He spoke out.

I balled my fist in anger at the thought of those people. I'll kill him. I swear.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, don't beat yourself up about this. If you want to be mad at anyone it should be Grayson for bringing her in the first place."

"Axarii told me the other day that he said it was mandatory for the assistant to come." I told him, watching as she stirred in her sleep a little.

"What? Sure they suggested it but they never said it was mandatory." I nodded in response.

"Yeah... I doubt he would be working with Henry, but keep an eye on those two." I told him before sitting on the other side of the bed, kicking my shoes off.

"Alright, I'll lock the door on my way out and I'll have someone keep watch outside the room." He replied back before leaving.

After taking off my shoes and jacket I laid next to Axarii. My hands ached to touch her, to feel how warm she was but I know I shouldn't. She doesn't want me. She looked so calm while she rested... but when she's awake she's either fussing about something or hitting me. I don't blame her for it though.