Chapter 21

It felt like Michael and I were sitting in the waiting room for hours. But it was ok because we had each other and that was enough for both of us.  I had fallen asleep with my head on Michael's shoulders and my hand in his. Despite the hard, uncomfortable seats in the room, this was the most comfortable I had been in a long time.

Our bus finally arrived around one in the morning and Michael called my name quietly to wake me up.

"J, come on, the bus is here." He stood up and grabbed our bags and walked over to the doors leading towards the outside. I followed him out there, not wanting to be away from him for even a second.

We climb on the bus and see that its pretty much empty. I guess taking the bus to New York City at 1 in the morning is for crazy people like Michael and me. And the old man sitting in the very back waving his arms around and talking to someone who isn't there.

I glance up at Michael wondering if we made the right decision. But he walks down the aisle and stops at a set of seats far enough away from the crazy dude.

Michael throws our bags in the overhead bin, "You want the window seat?" He asks me. I nod and laugh as he rolls his eyes.

We get settled in our seats the bus takes off. "Are you ready for this 3 day bus ride?" Michael asks me.

"Its worth it to get away from here." I sigh. He grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

After a few minutes of silence, I could tell Michael was getting restless. "You want to watch a movie? I have on downloaded on my phone." He pulls his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah. What movie?"

"Big Hero 6." He says and his face turns red.

"You are such a child." I laugh at him. But I love him anyway. "A cute child. But a child."

"Yeah, whatever." Michael turns the movie on and we sit there watching the movie. And once it was over we re-watched it. And re-watched it. And re-watched it. It was a 3 day bus trip and we had nothing to do. By the 6th time we watched it, we were both quoting it word for word.

Eventually I fell asleep and I think Michael fell asleep sometime after me. When I woke up, it was light outside and we were surrounded by trees and mountains. I saw a sign about being in Tennessee. We still had about 2 days but we were getting closer.

While Michael was still sleeping, I pulled out my phone to see that I had about 10 misses calls from my parents. I had no intentions of calling them back. There also some texts from Ashton from this morning wondering why I wasn't at school. Instead of worrying about it, I just shut my phone off and stuck it in the pocket on the seat in front of me.

I turned my head to see Michael had woken up. "Hey sleeping beauty. Glad you could finally join me."

"Hey no judgement. A princess needs her beauty sleep." He says back at me. He pulls a bag of candy from his pocket and stuffs his mouth full of it. "You wanna watch Big Hero 6?"

I groan but there was nothing else to do, so once again, we sat there watching and quoting Big Hero 6 for hours on end.