Chapter 10

It was Monday morning. When it was time to wake up this morning, I almost didn't get out of bed. I just wanted to go back to sleep. When I'm sleeping, every problem that I have, disappears. Maybe I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up.

But I did, I woke up and got dressed and ready for school. I had to face two problems today. Ashton and Michael. This was going to suck. I went downstairs to wait for Michael. He always picked me up for school, it was our tradition.

After waiting for about ten minutes, I heard Michael honk the horn indicating it was time to go. I went outside and got into his car. He noticed something was off right away.

"Hey, whats wrong?" He asked. I looked away and out the window. I couldn't look at him because it still hurts knowing he doesn't remember. "Come on Jaelyn. You can talk to me."

Without warning, I burst into tears. Michael looked at me with concern, "Jaelyn, please tell me what happened." He took my hand in his, trying to comfort me. He was just making it worse.

"Ashton...cheated on...me." I managed to say between sobs. "I mean, he always cheats on me but actually seeing it hurts so much more than I expected." Michael just stares at me. Instead of saying anything, he just puts the car in drive and leaves my driveway.

When we get to the light where we are supposed to turn to go to school, he keeps going straight.

"What are you doing? You were supposed to turn there."

"Yeah I know." He smiles at me.

"Ok...so what are you doing?" I ask, still confused.

"We aren't going to school today. You shouldn't have to see that bastard after what he did. Its not fair." Anger flashes across his face.

"Its fine Michael. I can handle it."

"Really? You want to go to school?"

I think about that for a second. Of course I didn't want to go to school but if I wasn't there today, Ashton will be angry.

"Let me guess, you are thinking about what Ashtons going to do once he sees that you aren't there." Michael says slowly.

I stay silent, not wanting to admit that was exactly what I was doing. But hes right. I need this day away from Ashton. "Lets go."

"Yes! So where do you want to go? Today is your day." He says excitedly.

"Uh..." I had to think about this. I could go anywhere I wanted and do whatever I wanted. This doesn't happen much. After thinking for a few seconds. I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I always used to beg Ashton to take me here on a date but he says it stupid and never took me."Rollerskating." I say with a smile.

"Rollerskating?" Michael looks at me unbelieving.

"Yeah. Why not? I've never been before and Ashton never takes me."

"Ok then rollerskating it is." Fifteen minutes later, we pull into the parking lot of the local rollerskating rink. "Ready?" he asks as he opens his door.

"Yep." When we get inside and rent our rollerskates, he takes me over to the benches and helps me put on my skates. When we both have our skates on, he leads me to the rink.

"Be careful!" He laughs when I slip and fall. "You can hold my hand if you want, while you are learning." He offers me his hand. I take it and get back on my feet. We skate for a while until I tell him I'm ready to try on my own. "Are you sure?" I nod.

I was unsteady but I got the hang of it. Rollerskating is really fun and I'm glad we skipped school to do this."Michael!" I yell hoping to get his attention. We were the only ones skating because I guess everyone else decided to actually go to school today.

Michael turns around and I can see his Nirvana shirt in the dimly lit rink. "Watch this!" I start skating as fast as I could towards Michael, hoping to get ahead of him. In retrospect, this was a terrible idea considering I was a beginner but I wasn't thinking. Once I started getting closer to Michael, I began to lose my balance.

"Michael!" I scream, knowing I was going to fall. Michael, being the idiot that he is, put his arms out as if he was going to try to catch me but it failed miserably. I smacked right into him, sending us both to the ground with a loud thud. Michael landed underneath me and softened the blow.

We both started laughing until I realized I was still sitting on Michael with his hands on my hips.  I couldn't stop staring into his brilliant beautiful green eyes. I wanted to kiss him right there.And I think he felt the same way because he moved his face closer to mine.

I backed out at the last second and stood up. He laughed again and got up, "My ass hurts like hell now." He said. I ignored him and left the rink to take off my skates."What are you doing? I thought were having fun?" Michael frowns.

"I'm just ready to go." I walk out the door. As soon as I was outside I felt something wet fall down my face. Great, it was raining. A few minutes later, Michael came out and unlocked his car. We both got in and h turned on the radio. The whole car ride was silent except for the music and sound of rain hitting the windows.

Instead of going straight to my house like I thought he would, he drives us to the park thats around the block from my house.

He stops the car and all I can hear is the rain pounding down on the car. Neither of us said anything for a while, maybe because we both knew what almost happened back at the skating rink. Once again, I began to worry that I was losing Michael.

"We need to talk." He says slowly.