Chapter 7

When I woke up the next morning, Michael was still fast asleep right next to me. I stared at him as all the events of last night rushed into my thoughts. Hooking up with Calum, Ashton hitting me, Michael almost killing Ashton. And finally, Michael kissing me. He had actually done it. I had actually kissed my best friend.

I didn't even want to know what was going to happen now. What would happen when Michael woke up? Would he regret last night? Or would he still feel the same way? I don't even know how I feel. I mean, I have thought about what it would be like if Michael and I were together but I never acted on it. But now its happened. He kissed me.

Maybe he ruined everything. Everything is going to be different now, awkward. We won't be able to be friends anymore. And we definitely won't be anything more than that because of Ashton.I can't lose my best friend, I just can't. He's the only person I really trust and I need him. And now I probably lost him.

I wiped my eyes as tears threatened to fall and got out of bed to go get breakfast. Once I was downstairs in the kitchen, I grabbed a bowl and some cereal. Sitting down at the table, I realized that maybe everything could be the same. If we just ignored what happened last night, we could just be us again. Just Jaelyn and Michael. Just friends. But then again, I don't know if I want to pretend nothing happened.

"Hey." His voice pierced into my thoughts. He fell into the chair across from me and smiled. "I feel like crap."

"And thats funny to you?" I say, mocking his stupid smile. When was he going to bring up last night?

"No. I'm laughing because I came down here to find you sitting there staring off into space with a bowl and a box of cereal. You know you pour the cereal into the bowl right?" He said, his voice full of sarcasm.

"Yes!" I say defensively. "I'm just...distracted."

"By what? My good looks?" Michael laughs again until he looks at me. I must have a weird look on my face bcause he says, "What? Did I do something wrong?"

He's not saying anything about last night. He doesn't even know what happened. Michael forgot.

"Uh, no. So about last night? Wasn't it amazing?" I question him.

"To be honest I don't really remember much. Which is probably for the best." He rubs his forehead. "I'm actually going to go home. My head is killing me."

"You don't remember anything?" I ask, refusing to let him leave yet.

"Not after I passed out when you ran off." He looks down, he eyes filled with guilt. "I saw Ash hit you and I kinda lost it. Alcohol is liquid courage I guess. You should be mad at me, I deserve it."

"Yeah, I guess," I was unsure of what to say. He got up to leave.

"I'm guessing you came to pick me up last night, so thanks. I'm glad my parents didn't see me like this or I would have been grounded for the rest of my life. I'll see you tomorrow at school." He said as he walked out the door.

He really didn't remember the kiss. I burst into tears and ran up to my room. Despite all the bad things that could have happened because of last night, I really was in love with Michael. And he didn't feel the same way.