Chapter 3

We could hear the music blasting from the party about half a mile away when we were driving up. It was some techno upbeat shit that I never usually listen to. To me, every song like that sounds pretty much the same.

"I can already tell that this night is going to be one I never forget," Michael grins widely, and then adds, "Unless I get completely wasted. Which is a possibility." If I knew Michael, he was going to get entirely drunk off his ass tonight. And I would be the one taking him home and letting him stay over at my house so his mom wouldn't kill him.

"You are not. Your parents would kill you if you came home drunk." I laugh at him and slap him on the shoulder. Even though we both know it was wasn't true. In his mind, he might as well have been already wasted.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He parks the car a good distance from the party house, considering cars were lined up on both sides of the road. "Hope you guys don't mind walking." he says and everyone gets out. Adley made me wear some ridiculous black heels so walking was going to be painful. I'm just glad I threw my vans in my purse just in case I needed them.

Luke and Michael walk ahead of Adley and me, probably talking about guy stuff. "Ok heres the plan, Jaelyn." Adley begins. I mentally prepare myself for what she was going to say. When Adley gets started on her schemes, you already know how it's going to end.

"Wait, what? There's a plan? For what?"

"For you. To get back at Ashton. Duh. Anyway-"

"No," I cut her off. "I can't do that. Its bad enough I'm actually coming to the party." I can't imagine stepping further over the line than I already was.

"Ok I get that. But you need to stop planning your entire life around making Ashton happy. You deserve so much better than him. Which is the point. Tonight, I am going to find you the perfect guy to cheat on Ashton with. Preferably one of his best friends. Maybe the Asian one. Calvin or whatever his name is,"

"Calum is not Asian. And no I won't do that. I can't do that." I cross my arms against my chest. It was starting to get cold outside. As unhappy as I was with Ashton, cheating was always wrong in my mind. Sure, Ashton does it to me but two wrongs don't make a right. Especially when it comes to him.

"Oh my god! Please stop saying you can't do something because Ashton told you not to. It's so annoying. Be your own person. Make your own decisions. Please!" She snaps at me. As much as she was making me angry, she did have a point. I shouldn't be letting him control me tonight when he isn't even here.

"Ok fine. I give up. But how about we scratch the cheating and come up with something else? Calum is a nice guy as far as I can tell and I don't want to get him in trouble." I say defeated. I knew Calum from Ashton's group of friends and even though we don't talk all the time, he's always been nice to me. I wonder if he knows who Ashton really is.

"Well, you'll have to give me some time to come up with something else. But I suppose I agree with you." Adley sighs, accepting her defeat in the quest to hurt Ashton.

Michael and Luke stop and let us catch up as we reach the house. "So what are you guys talking about? Anything good?" Michael cuts into our conversation. He's always been a nosy son of a bitch. But so have I so where do I get off complaining.

"Just how we are going to get Jaelyn some action tonight with that hot asian guy." Adley says when she opens the door.

"He is not asian." I say again, knowing it was useless. "And I also said I won't be cheating so wrong on both counts, Adley." Michael suddenly stares at me with a look of...anger? I can't really tell with all the flashing lights from inside the house.

"Well have fun, J." Michael says in a low voice and stalks off to the kitchen to get a drink.

What the hell was that about?

We were just joking around about some stupid, made up plan that was probably not even going to happen. Maybe Michael did need a few drinks to unwind tonight.