Chapter 4

I couldn't worry about Michael right now. I had other things on my mind. Like Calum. He had to be around here somewhere. I ended up deciding to follow through with Adley's plan and hook up with Calum. I thought about what I was doing and figured I should just send Ashton a text saying it was over. Then maybe block his number. But I'm not stupid, I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

Plus the 4 shots of Jameson I've did in the past 15 minutes were starting to hit me hard. So my judgement was not as sharp as it normally is. What is it that they call alcohol? Liquid courage? Some shit like that. Maybe I should call Ashton or at least text him. Make him jealous. Can someone be jealous if they don't really love you though?

Nevermind the heavy stuff. I have to find Calum. Or someone. Anyone. It's a party full of drunk, hormonal, sex crazed teenage boys. It couldn't be that hard.

Time to focus...although this liquor was really hindering my ability to concentrate right now. All I know is Calum is around here somewhere and it won't be hard to convince him to hook up with his best friend's girlfriend. He doesn't seem o even care about that kind of stuff. He learns that from Ashton I suppose.

I feel like I'm on a path to self destruction but I guess that's what happens when you stop caring.

I keep looking around the room looking for the boy with the blonde-streaked brown hair when I spot a certain red-haired boy over by the drinks getting hammered. I roll my eyes at Michael and continue looking for Calum. After ten minutes of searching, I finally find him outside on the porch with his other soccer teamates.

I grab another shot of vodka before waking over there to help build up my courage for my upcoming task.

Tomorrow was going to suck.

"Hey Calum," I smile as I walk, more like stumble, up to him. "Can I talk to you, please?" I say as innocently as possible. I watch his slow gaze as his eyes travel up and down my body. I think he was drunk too, this may be easier than I thought. "Sure, anything for Ashton's girl." He replies finally. I lead him inside the house into what looked like the dining room.

"So, what's up?" he smiles down at me and leans against the wall. He was so fucking attractive, I had no problem with this plan at all. Why hadn't I thought about this before?

Ashton. The alcohol was making me forget about the consequences I would have to deal with later.

"Well," I swallow nervously before standing up on my toes to reach his mouth with mine. I placed my lips against his, softly at first. He stands there, confused as to why I was kissing him. But he quickly got the hint and started roughly kissing me back. He tasted like alcohol and cigarettes, which was not a pleasant taste. It was weird making out with someone who wasn't Ashton. He felt different. Good, but different.

His hands began to travel up and down my body and I started to regret doing this. I didn't want to have sex. I think way too much. I just need to clear my mind and do what I came here to do which was get revenge with Ashton. So I stopped thinking and I let Calum take the lead. I knew where to draw the line if this went too far.

We stayed this way for about 5 minutes until Calum broke away. I stared at him confused. I had gotten lost in the kiss and was almost enjoying myself. Calum has other ideas as he took my hand and started leading me through the hallway, towards the stairs. I was thinking about how I wasn't sure I really wanted it to go this far when he stopped right in his tracks, causing me to run right into the back of him. He dropped my hand and took a step away from me. As soon as he stepped away from me, I saw Ashton standing in the doorway glaring at Calum. And me. Oh shit. I was stupid to think he wouldn't catch us.

"Uh, well, this is...awkward." Calum says slowly. Ashton's face began to turn red as he realized what Calum and I were about to do. He walked over towards us until he was right up in Calums' face. "You better get out of here." Ashton spits out. Calum practically runs outside the house back towards his buddies.

Calum is lucky he is in Ashton's inner circle or hat could've gone a completely different way.

Ashton grabs my arm and pulls me outside where there is no people around besides some drunk dude emptying his stomach into a nearby bush. Lovely.

"Ash, please let go, you're hurting me." I cry out in pain even though I knew that wouldn't stop him.

"Shut up, Jaelyn. This is nothing compared to what you're getting later." He stops in the middle of the yard and throws my arm down back to my side. "What the hell was that?" He gestures toward the house. "Why are you even here? At this party? I told you that you couldn't come. You never fucking listen do you?" He yells in my face.

I was definitely drunk and my filter wasn't working. Instead of staying quiet like I should have, I opened my mouth.

"Well, I did. And you aren't supposed to be here either. You told me you weren't coming." I yell back at him. I felt angry right then. Like 2 years of silence and sitting back while he hurt me was finally coming out.

"There was a change in plans. It's none of your business." He looks away. "I just can't believe I walk in to you hooking up with the guy who is supposed to be my best friend! You shouldn't have done that. I mean, you really shouldn't have done that, Jaelyn." His icy glare burned through me, only igniting my anger even further.

"What are going to do? Huh, Ashton?" I scream over the loud party music. "Are you going to hit me? Because if you are, go ahead. I'm used to it. Just get it over with." I fold my arms over my chest. I was lying but I was hoping the brave face I put on was convincing enough. I didn't want him to hit me, I was tired of fighting.

He stands there continuing to glare at me while trying to decide what he was going to do. Was he really considering hitting me at a party where people are around? Or was he going to wait until we were alone? I knew it was coming. I just didn't know when.

"I'm leaving!" I shout and I start to turn around. Ashton grabs me from behind and spins me back around to face him. He doesn't give me anytime to adjust as he slams his fist into my face. Hard. I gasp in pain and surprise and trip backwards just in time to fall to the ground. As I lay there on the ground, tears of pain and embarrassment come to my eyes and threaten to roll down my face. He had actually done it. He must've been angry because this wasn't like the times before. He didn't try do it in a place I could easily hide. He had hit me right in the face. I probably had a broken nose.

"What the fuck, man?" I hear a familiar voice scream out. Michael. He needed to stay out of this. He was going to get hurt if he didn't. He started to run full speed out of the house towards Ashton. He's an idiot.