Chapter 8

Michaels POV:

All I could think about as I ran as far as I could from Jaelyn's house is how stupid I was last night. Despite what I told her, I remember everything about the night before. Every single thing. I just can't believe how stupid I was.

Last night when Ashton was dragging Jaelyn outside, I had this strange urge to follow them.  I could see them fighting, I didn't know about what but it must have been bad. Jaelyn looked really upset and Ashton looked pissed. I was about to go back inside when I saw Ashton hit her. I didn't even think, I just ran. All the alcohol in my body made it difficult but I made it.

I have never been a violent guy so I surprised myself when I charged right into him and started punching him over and over. I couldn't stop. He had hit the girl who means everything to me. I could hear her yelling at me to stop, her voice filled with anger and pain. I could feel her arms wrapping around me trying to pull me off of Ashton, but her strength was no match for mine.

When I finally stopped and tried to apologize to Jaelyn she wouldn't listen. I barely felt it when she slapped me, I deserved it.

"Get the hell away from me. And stay away." I stood there stunned when she said that. I knew she was mad but this? It was a little much.

I don't know what led me to her house especially after what happened. And given my drunken state, I probably should't have been throwing rocks at her window. That reminds me, I better pay for that broken window.

Then I kissed her. I actually kissed Jaelyn. I've been wanting to do that since middle school and I have no clue what made me do it last night. But it was still a stupid idea, a idiotic mistake.

But my biggest mistake of all? Telling her I was in love with her. I've been mentally shooting myself for that all morning. Thats why I pretended I didn't remember. I need Jaelyn and having her in my life as friend is better than not having her at all.

She doesn't feel the same. I'm just the weird kid who happens to be her best friend.

I shake my head as I keep walking home. I'm an idiot.