one

I'm Ella bronze, you guessed it. Lucy bronze's younger sister. I'm going to tell you a little bit about me and my past.

I'm 19 years old, i turned 19 2 weeks ago. I play for Manchester city in the wsl and have been here for the past 7 years now. Making my debut at the age of 16, yeah, it was special. I live with my sister and her girlfriend keira walsh and we all get on great.

I've been to one England camp before but that was like a year ago as i missed out on the most recent ones through injury. I've been back playing for a couple of months and i've scored 11 goals in 8 games. I'm in the form of my life right now and with the world cup squad about to be announced i couldn't be playing better.

Well let's jump into my past then. I was born in the north east of England, the same place as Lucy. We lived with our mum and dad and everything was great until i was around 10 years old. Lucy was 20, she was already killing it, playing professionally and getting called up to the lionesses squad. I was 10 years old. I started playing football at school with the boys and i was better than all of them. I got better and better until i decided i wanted to join a team.

Flashback

My mum picked me up from school and took me home. My dad was home and i went into the kitchen, my mum and dad joined me.

"mum, i want to play football like luce"
My mum just looked at me

"please mum, i want to join a football team"

"no honey"

"that's not fair, you let luce do it!"

"luce played at school"

"i play at school. Dad please!!"

"i don't know ella. Why don't you want to be a doctor or something?"

"No. I want to be like luce!!"
The conversation was interrupted when the front door opened and in stepped lucy. Just back from training.

"what's with the shouting, i can hear it from outside!"

"mum and dad won't let me join a football team!"

"why not?"

"because she isn't like you"
my dad said in return

"what's that supposed to mean?"

"i want to be like luce!"

"no ella"

"mum that's not fair. If she wants to play, let her play"

"no lucy"

"i'll take her then. She can join my team"

"don't be ridiculous Lucy. You play first team football your sister is 10"
my dad said almost mocking lucy

"they will trial her, if she's good enough she will play for the under 11s maybe even 15s if she's good! I'll take her, if you won't. That doesn't bother me"

End of flashback

So that's what happened. I trialed for lucy's team and surprised a lot of people even Lucy. They placed me in the under 15s squad and i was the highest scorer in the history of the teams under 15s squad at 10 years old.  That's where i was until luce moved to to City. I was a little older at the time, i was 12. Lucy mentioned me to the staff at city and they trialed me and i got in. I've been here ever since and i've loved every minute of it.