nineteen

I woke up to the sound of Leah's voice, she was talking to someone. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, on my bed. I looked over and could see Leah was on FaceTime to her mum. I smiled and Leah turned around, my eyes met with hers. Leah's mum couldn't see me, she could only see her daughters eyes fixed in one position. I smiled at my girlfriend and Leah instantly smiled back. She then jumped onto my bed, sitting next to me. I put my head against hers. Now her mum could see us both.

"mum, this is Ella"
Leah said almost sounding proud.

"Is this the girl you've been going on about for the past hour?"
Leah went slightly pink. Clearly a little embarrassed.

"yeah, that's her"

"hi, Ella. I hope Leah is treating you well"
Leah mum said, smiling.

"She is. She's treating me amazingly. It's great to finally talk to you"

"You too, Ella. I can't believe you took so long to tell me, Leah. I bet Ella told her family straight away"
I looked away. Not knowing what to say.

"I-"
Leah began to speak.

"I haven't told my family. They probably know now because we went public but i haven't told them. I don't speak to my parents"
I admitted as i didn't want Leah to lie to her mum.

"I'm so sorry, dear. You're apart of our family now"
Her mum smiled, which then caused me and Leah to smile.

"and you always will be"
Leah added.

"how does it feel?"
leah's mum asked me.

"how does what feel?"
I asked, a little confused

"playing at the world cup at such a young age, i mean 19, that's pretty special"

"Yeah, it's surreal. I still need to pinch myself sometimes. It's great though, the girls are great. I've settled well and now it's all about doing as well as i can for the team"

"she's so humble mum"
leah said

"i can tell. Do you get treated like the young one?"

"Definitely. The older girls treat me like the kid of the group, so do the ones only a couple of years older than me. It's good though, they're all so caring"

"her and ellie are a nightmare together. You can't shut them up"
I laughed a little.

"Leah, you and keira were the same"
I laughed at leah.

"that must be good. Having Lucy and Keira around"

"It's great. They're definitely my people"

"any favourites?"

"Not yet. Not including the city girls and leah i'm probably closest to beth"

"you guys are pretty close"
Leah said smiling.

"anyone outside of the lionesses and city?"

"I've not met many but i really like viv. She's really nice"

"Ella had a crush on viv the first time she met her"
I laughed, before putting my hands over my face.

"i didn't. Leah thinks i had a crush on Beth too"

"she did"
Leah said, smirking at me.

"Leah has been banging on about you for the past hour. She's been telling me how perfect you are and how you're the one for her. She's also been telling me how much you guys love each other, she also mentioned how good you are at football for your age"

"is that so?"
I asked, looking at a blushing Leah Williamson.

"i was only being truthful and hey, i did tell you if i told my mum i would start rambling about you and how perfect you are. Didn't i?"