fourteen

Today is the day...

I'm currently sat on the bus, next to leah. I was looking out of the window and i turned around to leah staring at me. I got nervous instantly and looked away. Leah laughed.

"what you laughing at?"
I asked

"You. Did you get a little flustered?"

"what, no, don't be stupid"
Leah laughed again

"it's alright, kid"

"that ''kid' is your girlfriend"
I slapped my hand over my mouth as i realised what i just said. Me and leah aren't officially together. What an idiot i am.

"girlfriend? I didn't know you were my girlfriend"
Leah said with a light smirk. I just went pink.

"i know, i'm sorry. It just came out"

"don't worry about it, it's something i wouldn't actually mind"
I went even pinker than before. Leah just said she wouldn't mind being my girlfriend.

"flustered again?"
She asked, laughing. I put my face in my hands.

"you make me nervous, ok?"
I said not looking at leah. Leah put her arms around me and pulled me into her, she held me like that.

"that's cute"
she whispered before kissing the top of my head.

"leah?"

"yeah"

"you're perfect"

"don't get all soft on me, newbie. We've got a game to win, you're going to make me nervous soon"

"sorry, love"

"ELLA"
Leah yelled. I just started laughing.

******
Eventually it was time.. We arrived, got off the team bus and walked into the stadium, into our changing room. The room had a huge speaker in the middle which was blasting music. Everyone put their stuff down and we went out to inspect the pitch. We came back in and got ready for our warm ups before it was time for the game.

Lineup
Ellie Roebuck

Lucy Bronze
Steph Houghton (C)
Millie Bright
Alex Greenwood

Keira Walsh
Leah Williamson
Georgia Stanway

Lauren Hemp
Beth England
Beth Mead

I wasn't staring, i was a little disappointed to be honest but i think sarina wants experience which is understandable. Anyway, leah is playing in midfield today which is exciting. After sarina spoke to us all i approached leah before i left to go and sit out on the bench.

"hey, babe!"
Leah spun around

"hey, love"
She said putting her arm around me

"i just wanted to say good luck. You're going to kill it in midfield, just go out and enjoy it. I believe in you, we all do. You will do great. Good luck lee!"
leah kissed my cheek

"where's our speech like that?"
millie asked, i laughed.

"mills, it's leah. Ella is in love with leah so she won't give that speech to anyone else"
Lucy said stepping in.

"Look, i believe in you all. I'm so proud of you all as well so let's go out there and let's fucking won this thing!! Okay?"

"That's more like it. Let's go kid!"
Millie said. Everyone yelled Team before heading out.

Commentators
"Alex, a few changes in the lineup today. Williamson is going to be in midfield and England replaces Ella up top, good changes or no?"