four

It's game day. We are at Wembley, yeah. It's all real now, i'm so nervous it's unreal.

I woke up this morning still cuddling into leah. Once she woke up we both got ready and headed downstairs, we got breakfast before heading onto the bus. We just watched a movie before arriving here at Wembley. We went into the changing room. It's massive. We then left and walked around the pitch before coming back in, getting changed and going out for a warm up. Right now everyone is ready. Sarina is going to talk to us.

Line up

Ellie Roebuck

Lucy Bronze
Leah Williamson
Steph Houghton (C)
Alex Greenwood

Keira Walsh
Jordan Nobbs
Georgia Stanway

Lauren Hemp
Beth Mead
Ellen White

I am on the bench, i'm not disappointed as i didn't expect to start.

"right girls this is the first group game. We play 3 games and this is our first, let's start off strong. Come on girls!!"
It was short and sweet but it got the message across. I said good luck to everyone before going out and sitting on the bench.

First half 0-0
The first half finished 0-0. Let's me sum it up. Ellen had a couple of chances but hit none on target. And we have had 10 shots but only 2 have been on target, they came from both beth mead and lauren hemp, both forcing the keeper into saves and they were both unlucky not to score.

Australia have had 5 shots i think but 4 have been on target, most coming from outside the box but ellie has been incredible, not letting anything get past her. Our defence had been great, leah standing out and i'm not just saying that. She's stoped Australia from breaking multiple times and has played a few good long balls over the top.

We have been good but not good enough.

Sarina went over our tactics but made no changes until the 50th minute. Ellen white was running, 1 on 1 with the kepper when the kepper ran out and caught her. Ellen went tumbling to the ground and the stadium fell silent, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was worried as ellen didn't get up. The physios rushed onto the pitch to see Ellen and the team came over while Sarina and the assistants spoke to them in groups. I was told to go and warm up, leah saw me and smiled at me, i smiled back before warming up. Unfortunately, Ellen limped off the pitch and couldn't continue but i was called over. I was given my instructions and i was subbed on.

Commentators

"how do you feel alex? it's a great moment for the 19 year old. Making her first competitive appearance for England in the world up"

"it's an incredible moment. The stadium applauded her as she came on. I'm so happy for her, she's a real talent"

"Roebuck gives it to bronze who gives it to leah, she looks up and plays an outstanding ball over the top towards lauren hemp. Hemps touch is brilliant she speeds away from Australia's defence. Ella is making a run behind Kennedy, hemp spots her, she crosses it in low across the ground. ELLA MEETS WITH THE BALL AND ITS IN. 1-0 ENGLAND IN THE 60th MINUTE AND ITS SCORED BY ELLA BRONZE, HER TEAMMATES ARE GOING MAD, WHAT A MOMENT IT IS FOR THE YOUNG STAR"

I scored. I scored. I scored. Oh my god. I didn't know what to do, i ran straight over to hempo who tackled me to the ground, all of the girls were shouting in excitement and piled on top of me. Everyone congratulated me as i got up from the ground.

"way to go little sis, the first of many"

"thank you luce"

"proud of you"