thirteen

It must have been about 5am when i woke up. I woke up about to break down into tears. When i was sleeping the conversation i had with my mum just kept repeating over and over and it wouldn't stop. I woke up needing air. I gently got out of bed, not waking Leah up. I put the first pair of shoes on i found and opened the door, silently closing it behind me. I walked to the balcony, the very one i was arguing with Lucy on. I stood out on it and felt the rush of fresh air surround me. I breathed it all in before i started crying, i started crying and i couldn't stop. I didn't stop, i was non stop crying for around an hour, at least until i heard a voice. I was startled as it was 6am, i didn't expect anyone to be up, not at this time.

"ella"
It was jordan. I turned around and she looked at me before running, pulling me into her arms.

"hey, hey. What's wrong?"
Jordan said rubbing my back as i sobbed in her arms.

"it won't go away Jordan. It won't stop"
I remembered that jordan does know. She was with me 24/7 at my first camp so i told her, well lucy told her but so did i.

"what won't stop?"

"everything. She won't go away jordan, she won't leave me alone"
Jordan knew who i was talking about as she tightened her grip on me.

"your mum?"
she asked just to be sure

"yes, she won't go away. I can't get what she says to me out of my head"

"Ella, she didn't treat you right at all. No one should be treated like that and you're so strong for putting up with that for the majority of your childhood including some of your teenage years. I can't imagine how hard it must be knowing your mum isn't proud of you, i don't know how you do it, i really don't Ella but i'm so beyond proud of you for fighting. Fighting and not giving up. You're a star Ella and you're shining. You're playing with the world at your feet and no one can stop you, you're getting older, stronger and wiser. You're incredible so whatever your mum says to you isn't true what so ever. I'm proud of you, the whole country is proud of you. People you regard as strangers are proud of you. You're changing the world Ella and there's no one who can stop you, not now, not ever"
I stepped away from jordan and just looked at her, crying some more but not sad tears, happy tears. Happy tears because i'm so lucky i have these amazing people around me to support me. I'm so lucky.

"i-i don't know how to thank you jord. You're the best, i love you"

"you don't need to thank me but the best you can do is go and get some sleep. We have a game tomorrow and we need to prepare today so go and sleep. I love you too"
I nodded and hugged jordan before quietly entering my room again. Leah was awake, obviously i wasn't as quite as i had hoped to be.

"you okay?"

"yeah, i just needed some air"

"you've been crying. I can hear it in your voice"

"what she said to me just kept repeating in my head so i went to get some fresh air and i ran into jordan. She helped me, i'm okay now. I love you"

"good, i'm glad she was there. I love the way you look up to jord, it's cute. I love you so much"

"i look up to a lot of people in this team but jordan is definitely one of them. She's my hero leah, her and lucy"

"that's so cute ella. Say that to them and i bet you they will cry"

"i will, tommorow for breakfast"

"ella, it's 6am"

"oh yeah, i will today at breakfast but i need sleep"

"yeah, good idea"
Leah kissed my head before i fell asleep in her arms again.

******
I'm eating breakfast with leah, lucy and jordan right now.

"hey, lucy?"
i said

"yeah"

"you're my hero, you know. You have saved my life. You too jordan, i don't know where i would be without you guys. You're my hero's"
Leah was right, lucy and jordan both started crying

"told you"
leah said almost laughing

"why is lucy and jordan crying?"
Toone asked as she walked by us

"ella told them that they're her hero's and have saved her and now they are in tears"
Toone lightly chuckled before walking away.

******

Today went pretty well, i would say. Training was light but it was good. Tomorrow is our game against Cameroon so that's exciting. Anyway, today i trained and just hung out with my friends. I spent time with everyone today and then i got to end my good day in the arms of the girl that makes me so happy. I watched some Chicago Med with leah before we both fell asleep. Two young girls, in love.

Authors note

Sorry for the short chapter, this is just a filler before the next chapter which will be about the game. I hope you're enjoying this book so far. I love you🥰