nine

Time skip 2 days.

It's match day. It's the last game of the group, turns out we have already qualified after Japan and Australia shared points. Australia are going to a play off and Japan are out. Today we are playing against the Netherlands, we are both fighting for first place in the group. We are playing a good, good side and... Well i'm starting. My full debut for England today, i'm over the moon but also so nervous.

Ellie roebuck

Lucy bronze
Leah williamson
Steph houghton (C)
Alex greenwood

Keira walsh
Fran kirby
Jordan nobbs

Lauren hemp
Ella bronze
Beth mead

We have done our warm ups and everyone is getting ready for the game. It's cold today so i have under armour on and i have some strapping on my knee just to be safe. I was sitting and my leg was bouncing up and down because of nerves. Leah sat down next to me and put her hand on my thigh calming me right down. Surprisingly no one else 'knows' about us yet.

"hey, love. You will do just fine. Play the way you have been playing and you will be fine. I believe in you"

"thank you lee. This is my full England debut and it's in a big game"

"Ella you've broke your way into the team in what, 2 games. That just shows how much sarina trust you. She wouldn't start you if she didn't think you could do it"

"thank you lee. It means a lot"

"anything for you, babe"
I kissed leahs cheek as i stood up walking over to my sister and her girlfriend.

"good luck girls. Let's win this!"
I said full of confidence

"i'm proud of you, kid"

"me too, i always knew you could do it. Time to show what you're really all about"

"i guess it is that time. Thank you, i love you both"
Me and lucy sorted everything, well we just moved on and forgot about it. She tried to talk to me about everything but i told her we should just move on and forget about it and she agreed.

Before we lined up to walk onto the pitch sarina gave us an encouraging talk as did steph. A few of the girls spoke to me before we walked onto the pitch. Wembley. We stood and sang our national anthem before the Netherlands sung there's. Then.. Then it was kick off.

Commentators

"alex. England have put out a strong squad and Ella is in the team, she's getting her full England debut. Well deserved would you say?"

"Absolutely, i think if anyone deserved to start up top today it was her, she's shown her talent in the last couple of matches, being the difference after coming off the bench it was only a matter of time before she was given the nod. I think Sarina trusts ella a lot and that will fill her with confidence. I know the girls love her just by their reactions when she scores, the fans as well. This game won't be an easy one but i think she will be the difference if England come away with any points"

"6th Minute here at Wembley and miedema is running at Steph. Miedema wins the battle, shes away from England's defence. She cuts inside and curls the ball into the top corner, nothing roebuck could do about that. Netherlands in-front after 6 minutes"

It was disappointing to go behind so early in the game but i think that was the turning point. I really got my head in the game and we started playing a lot better.

"That Netherlands goal has really brought England to life here"

"It has, they're playing a lot better"