Chapter One || Welcome

February 08, 1989
9:13am
Mr. Vincent's Class

"Good morning everyone! We have a new student joining us today! This is Markovna. She came all the way from Russia, so Canada is a new experience for her. Please, everyone, let's make her feel welcome here at Jacobo Rimes High." Mr. Vincent said loudly to the class during homeroom. He adjusted his large wire-rimmed glasses and turned back to the book he has open on his desk, signalling for Markovna to sit down.

Markovna Abramovitz stood five foot four with collar-bone length, dark brown hair that curled at the bottoms. Her eyes were a reckless hazel, and her lips were full and coated with a gloss.

A preppy looking girl stood up quickly at the first silent point during the introduction. She picked up her skirt and skipped over to Markovna. She had her long blonde hair pulled into two high pigtails. Her eyes were a bright green but her large breasts were a distraction .

"Hi! I'm Penni!" exclaimed the prep, shaking Markovna's hand roughly. "How's about I show you around Jacobo Rimes High!?" She sent a pleading look towards Mr. Vincent.

Markovna's eyes bulged at the pressure of the shake and the though of having to hang around with a total prep all day. "I... Erh..."

"Of course, miss Burke!" He agreed, looking at the two of them.

The whole class was burning their eyes through Markovna, snickering at what was being displayed.

"Let's go!" Penni said loudly, pulling her into the corridor, causing her to drop her notebook in the classroom.

Markovna went back to get it, having a girl hand her it.

"Thanks..." Markovna muttered.

"I'm Blair." the girl said. "And she's insane." She pointed to Penni who was now tapping her foot impatiently. "Maybe after your freak show tour, you could join me and my friends for lunch out by the four square?"

Markovna nodded, laughing slightly. "I'd like that... Thank you." She pressed her notebook to her chest turning around to reveal an annoyed Penni in the hall.

She perked up as soon as newbie saw her. "Let's get going! There's much to see!" She grabbed Markovna and linked arms. "Bitch" Penni quickly whispered.

"What?" Markovna questioned, alarmed by what she thought she heard.

"Oh!" Penni giggled. "It's nothing!"

___________________________________________________

I don't know if I like this chapter a whole lot but it'll do.

If you could, could you send me some feedback in the comments?

Thanks lovelies .x ❤️