Chapter Twenty-Two || Feelings

April 20, 1989
7:39pm
Corey's house
Markovna's POV

Okay. Here we go, here we go... I raised my hand to knock on his houses' door. "Here we go." I started to knock. I could hear footsteps approaching the front door. Then the knob turned. Corey appeared seconds later. He had a bruised lip.

Oh my fuckles. I did that...

"Corey." I whispered.

Corey was focused of the floor, fidgeting with the doorknob. "Hey, Kov." He glumly replied.

I've never seen Corey like this. He looked so... Defeated.

"Corey, I'm so, so sorry." Corey motioned for me to enter. I started inside. "I regret that night and my decision and-" I motioned to his face. "That..."

Corey walked into the kitchen, I followed closely behind. He opened the fridge and grabbed two bottles of coca cola. He handed one to me, I sent him a gracious half smile.

"Kov, I know you're pissed off about-" he stopped and drank. "About all this shit that's been said. I just want you to know that what happened with Heather... That was fucking dumb. I'm fucking dumb."

"Heather's fucking dumb." I whispered.

Corey nodded, taking another swig from his bottle. "I can't undo what I did, and neither can you." He looked at my stomach. "I really, honest to god, was looking forward to becoming a dad."

I scoffed. "Corey, how could we have even brought up a baby? We're still babies ourselves!"

I leaned against the counter I was standing at, bowing my head. I honestly wanted to be a mom. I could've spent the rest of my life with Corey.

"I love you." I whispered, sitting my coke down. I saw from the corner of my eye Corey look at me.

"Then be mine." He whispered back, walking towards me. I stood still.

"I can't, Corey. Not after this."

"Markovna. Please." I looked up at him. A tear slipped down his cheek.

"I want to be with you. I just can't."

Corey leaned into me and planted a kiss on my lips. It started to intensify, but I pushed him away.

"I'm sorry, Corey. I just can't."

Corey looked away. He walked out of the room and I could hear him pound the wall with his fist from the hallway. I walked into the hall and I saw him sitting there against the wall. Silent sobs filled the air.

"I don't know what to fucking do, Kov." He cried. "I'm a fucking mess, and you know it. I know it."

I felt tears fill my eyes as I walked over to the crying Corey. I slid down the wall next to him. He looked over at me, tears streaming down his face rapidly.

"You're not a fucking mess, Cor. You have demons. Everybody has their demons."

He pulled my face close to his, our lips just inches apart. "Markovna, I'll do anything-"

I kissed him softly. Our lips began to move in sync perfectly. Our lips fit together like a puzzle piece. That means that we're compatible. He's my other half.

"Corey..."

He traced hearts on my back, I could feel it.

"I want you..."

"I need you." he whispered.

"I love you."

And then he kissed me once more.

_________________________________________________

Hey everyone!! I'm back!!

I'm so sorry for being an inactive asshole (lol)

I hope you enjoy this update!! I'll be updating later too!

I love you all! ❤️