Chapter Twenty-Three || Always

April 29, 1989
2:45pm
Corey's bedroom
Markovna's POV

"Corey!" I giggle screamed, rolling away from him. We had been wrestling on the floor when he turned it into a tickle fight. My weakness.

He was laughing and smiling like crazy. It was so damn cute. He stood up and jumped into the bed, throwing blankets and pillows over himself. "You can't find me!"

"I'm gonna get you!" I called as he continue to move around. I got up super fast and fell onto his bed, pulling down the comforter that had covered his now exposed face. I smacked him lightly, rolling to the left and laying beside him. He threw a pillow at me.

"Fine, you win." He heaved, uncovering himself. His shirt was literally half off.

Hot. Diggity. Damn.

"Well duh! You suck!" I laughed.

"You suck better." Corey winked, causing me to cringe.

"Corey, ew."

"It's true though."

I sat up, Corey following my action. We looked at each other for a moment when he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back, pulling away a couple seconds later.

Corey took my hand, staring into my eyes. His eyes were a brilliant blue. They danced recklessly with passion and love. "Kov, I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed him. "I'm gonna put on a record. Is that cool?"

Corey nodded. "Yeah, go ahead." He motioned to his record rack.

I rolled off the bed and approached the rack, sorting through all the records. Then I saw one that really stood out. Like A Prayer by Madonna.

"This one? Pleeeeease?" I begged Corey, taking the record out of the cover. He nodded in reply as I set the record on the player and sat the needle upon it. I moved it to track 1, Like A Prayer. It's my favourite Madonna song.

As the music began to play, I swayed my hips back and forth, starting to dance. I heard the bed creak and footsteps. Soon the hands of Corey were around my shoulders. I placed my hands on his forearms and cuddled him.

"Markovna?" He whispered into my ear.

I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there.
In the midnight hour, I can feel your power.
Just like a prayer,
You know I'll take you there.

"Yes?" I sing songed to the music.

"Let me make love to you."

I turned to face Corey, eyes wide open. I couldn't believe what I had just heard come from him.

"Corey, I..." I thought for a minute. I did want that to happen. Yes, I'll do it.

Corey looked me into the eyes. "Just one last time."

"One last time? What does that mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows as Corey broke away and sat on the edge of his bed. I walked towards him and sat beside him.

"I'm moving, Markovna. I'm moving to Alberta." He whispered, looking at the floor quickly.

"Corey, why didn't you tell me sooner?" I said maybe a little too harsh. "How are we gonna-"

"We can do it."

"Corey!" I pulled him into a hug. He was actually leaving. "I'll miss your fucking face and your sex jokes."

"I love you."

"I'll visit you. All the time!" I said, wiping a fly away tear from my chin. "And we can be together! A long distance relationship can't be that hard! We have Canada Post and shit. We can call and-"

"I love you." I felt him smile against my shoulder before he released me. He looked at me.

"Corey..."

"Markovna..."

I smiled, grabbing the hem of his Batman shirt gently, tugging it upward a bit. We were both crying, but that wasn't stopping me from

One last time.

_______________________________________________

So that's the end of One Last Time!!

I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!

I'll post the first couple chapters of book 2, Take My Breath Away, later!

I'm vvv sad that it's over.

But don't cry because it's over...

Smile because it happened.

❤️ ilyasfm, k? K.