Chapter Seventeen || Predicament

March 21, 1989
3:45am
Outside Corey's window
Markovna's POV

"Well how creepy of me, just chilling outside Corey's bedroom window at quarter to four in the fucking morning." I dropped my wrist after checking the time and gazed up.

Should I knock? Call to him? Maybe press my tits against the window until his "lady parts nearby senses" start to tingle?

I'll knock.

I spent all night and yesterday afternoon thinking about this. I had this whole elaborate speech planned out and I was ready to lay it down. I knocked on the glass rapidly and impatiently. I peered in and saw Corey roll over and look at me. His face looked pretty scared, to be honest.
He got up and walked slowly towards the window, opening it quietly.

"Kov, you know I love you but what the fuck are you doing at my window at..." He turned and looked at his clock. "At three forty-nine in the morning?"

I pulled myself into his room (which is, thankfully, a one story house) and crumbled to the floor. I got up, making sure I didn't pee myself landing. Ever since last week, I've been peeing like crazy. My bladder is like fucking Niagara Falls!

"I needed to talk to you about something."

"At almost four in the morning?"

I nodded, walking over to his bed and sitting down. I motioned for him to sit. As he sat down, I looked at him with teary eyes. Jesus, I'm an emotional wreck.

"Corey, tell me the truth when I ask you this."

Corey nodded, looking dead serious. "Yeah, of course."

I heaved harshly and looked down at my legs. "Tell me about Heather."

I heard Corey gasp softly. I knew right then and there that it was a true story of at least Corey and Heather being together.

"H-how did you-"

"Jamie told me. Now Corey, tell me the truth." I felt tears fall down onto my arms.

He turned away from me and closed his eyes tight. "She's just a girl that I... You know we're teens... It just got... She was a one night stand." He kept starting these sentences.

My face fell as I nodded repeatedly. "A one night stand that you knocked up."

"It was so long ago-"

"Yeah, like last month 'long ago'. Corey, I'm not fucking stupid!"

His jaw dropped at my raised voice. I couldn't even stand to look at him."

"Markovna, it was before we even got serious!" He spoke shakily.

I couldn't help but cackle. "Corey, we got serious less than two weeks after I got here."

I got up quickly and walked over to the window, checking the clock on my way by.

It was five to four. I've been here less than ten minutes and I already knew that this whole conversation was over.

Me and Corey were over.

"Kov, please let me exp-"

I turned and looked at him with a harsh expression across my face. I needed to get away.

"Fuck you, Corey Haim."

"Markovna, I..."

"I'm done. You're done. We're done." I whispered as I turned back and crawled out into the dusty morning.

I ran away from there. I ran probably three blocks before I crashed down on a curb and balled up crying. I maybe should've let him talk more. What if Heather had aborted the baby? Oh my god...

I fucked up, I fucked up, I fucked up.

No I didn't. It's Corey's fault! I kicked a soda can across the road in my rage. He is the reason we're over and done with. Not mine! Besides, he's the one who got me pregnant!

Wait... I wouldn't be in this predicament if it wasn't for that motherfucker Jamie. He destroyed everything. My relationship, my baby's future, my life.

What a fucking prick.

____________________________________________

Hi guys, so those of you who are like, constantly reading this book and such will probably be really excited about this news!!

I'm going to finish this book, and then start a sequel!! I'll prolly make a three/four part series and I hope you're as excited about that as I am!

Anyways

Stay beautiful, gold and strong.

.x ❤️ Hill