Chapter Nine || Surprise

February 14, 1989
7:46pm
Markovna's house
Markovna's POV

I had just put Some Like It Hot in the VCR when there was a knock at the front door. I groaned, annoyed. It was quarter to eight and someone was at my door. How rude. All I wanted to do was watch some Marilyn Monroe stuff and eat.

I opened the door, brushing my brown hair out of my eyes. I was surprised to see Corey there, holding a bunch of flowers and in... In a suit?!

"Hey Kov!" Corey exclaimed, kissing me on the cheek. He gently handed me the flowers.

I couldn't help but grin at this. "Thank you Corey! You really didn't have to-"

"No!" He put a finger to my lips. "I really did have to do this! You're worth it." He whispered. "Now go get dressed! We are going out."

"Corey, I have nothing glamorous." I furrowed my eyebrows, crossing my arms.

Corey walked inside and shut the door. "That's fine. Just throw on your finest pair of acid washed jeans and we'll head over to Barrenly Tavern."

My jaw dropped. "But Barrenly is for 19 and over!"

"I know a guy who works the bar. He got us reservations. Now go!"

I grinned, quickly turning and rushing up to my room. I quietly closed my door, finally remembering that my mom, step father and sister were asleep.

I threw open my closet door in a savage manner and pulled back all the clothes I had, finally revealing a white dress with pastel flowers on it. It was about knee length with sleeves that went to the crease between my shoulder and arm. It's super cute and that with... Oh!! Those black high sandal heels will look perfect! I plucked them off the floor, slipping them on. Then I wiggled into the cute dress. It flowed perfectly.

I scurried to the makeup table, painting my lips a crimson red, adding a tad of mascara. I chewed on a few breath mints and headed towards the door when there was a knock at it.

"Uh, hello?" I called, fake yawning.

"Markovna, are you aware that there is a totally handsome guy in the living room?" I recognized that voice anywhere. I swung open the door, coming face-to-face with my oldest sister Amelia.

"Amelia!" I softly yelled, jumping into her arms. "I missed you so much! How was Japan? I need details!"

"Calm down, baby. Handsome guy says you have a date. We have time tomorrow that we can discuss my travels. Have a good night."

She kissed me on the cheek as she walked out of my room.

"By the way, baby. I'm taking you to the mall tomorrow. We'll buy you some stuff!"

"Love you!" I whispered to her, running down the stairs quickly. As I approached the hallway, Corey popped out.

"W-wow. You look... Breath taking." He said softly, pulling me closer.

"Thanks, it means a lot." I felt myself blushing, curling an arm around his neck.

"Who was that anyways?" Corey asked puzzled as we headed out of the house, locking the door behind us.

His beautiful, long black hair breezed back and forth, causing it to cover his eyes. I reached up and moved it.

"My sister Amelia. She's been travelling for the past two years. I wonder why she came at such an inconvenient time..."

Corey and I approached his car. He opened the passenger side for me. I slid into the seat and swiftly buckled up. Corey rounded to the other side, doing the same as he stepped into the car.

"Corey..."

He looked at me as he gunned it. He had a cute little grin spread across his face. "Yeah, Kov?"

"You're lovely. I just want you to know." I smiled at him cutely. He returned the favour.

"And you're perfection."

"I'm not perfect."

"Yeah you are."

"Nobody is perfect, Corey."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive."

"Well you need to look at your reflection more."

We drove off finally, reaching out destination about fifteen minutes later. It was a nice drive. We debated perfection for half of it though.

God, I hope this date goes smoothly. And perfectly. Tremendously!

________________________________________________

OooOoh so this is happening!

Keep doing what you're doing, lovelies.

I love you for all you've done!

Have a beautiful day/night!

.x ❤️ Hill