*1*

My socks had collected another hole, but that's what I get for pulling them up too hard. My big toe was now peeking out into the open air of Master's kitchen, and having to feel the icy surface of his porcelain floors.

These tiles would be harder to clean in winter, and even sleeping in general would get drastically more difficult as the temperature dropped. The iron bars on my little house made sure of it. Still, Master wouldn't be pleased with my negative thoughts, he bought me that crate after all, so I'll try to stay positive.

I scrubbed the floors till my fingers were pink and the bleach started to sting my sensitive nose, enough to make it run with snot. I wiped it away fast, knowing that master would yell at me if he saw it... he'd think it was gross.

Though, I couldn't dawdle, rain had started to fall outside the window, meaning I'd have to rush to gather the washing in. The last time I made this mistake master's clothes got ruined... I was locked in my crate and I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet all day... which obviously led to accidents I inevitably had to clean up myself.

Once I got the washing in I noticed the time and quickly dashed to the kitchen, I had master's dinner to make, and it had to be perfect.

I always took care with master's dinner as last time I made it too plain for him and I was beat pretty badly for it, so I always made sure to salt Master's dinner a little too much... that's how he liked it.

Around 7pm The sound of the front door clicked, I flinched a little and fumbled to gather myself for my master's arrival. Patting down my shirt and apron, I made sure my hands were clean to carry my master's coat.

I scurried to the hallway with a bright smile, but it faltered quickly. A shiver ran up my tail as I watched my master enter his home... but tonight he wasn't by himself. Master had brought home a man with him... this had never happened before. Master always brought women home with him sure... but never a man like this.

He was shorter than master, his pot belly protruding past his belt that was barely keeping his grey trousers strapped to his hips. As soon as his eyes spotted me he was grinning, a dirty smirk that churned up my insides.

"This is her?" His greasy voice spilled into the stale air, chilling me to the bone.

"m-master?" I stuttered, looking up to the dark haired man, my eyes big and ears cowering back into my head as much as they could, pulling against the firm pony tail that held my tightly platted hair to my skull... master didn't like hair on his floors after all.

"pet." His voice rumbled through the hall as he walked forward, raising his palm to delicately skim across my cheek. "we have a guest, dinner will be soon, yes?"

"y-yes M-master." I rushed, blinking as I only stepped away once Master's hand had fallen from my skin and I was free to escape to the kitchen.

I did everything to stretch master's dinner as best I could into two meals, while adding another side dish to the table to make the meal seem bigger. I carried their meals carefully to the already set dining table, now occupied by the two men accompanied by a couple glasses of whiskey glued to their palms.

I put down every plate that was prepared, bowing to my master before I took my leave of his presence.

"Wait pet." He called my name, freezing my blood over and halting my every movement. I turned and shuffled back to him with wavering eyes... Master never wanted my presence when eating... something was wrong.

"and she's the right breed?" The short man impatiently blubbered.

"yes, yes, she is 100% a purebred Siberian cat." Master smirked.