*4*

KITTEN POV:

"Um- ... Kitten?" A mellow voice murmured from my right, no louder that the beating of a bird's wing. "Kitten... can you wake up?"

It wasn't Jin's voice, so I got a little worried, but nevertheless broke open the crust of sleep around my eyes to look up. However, I was immediately blinded by the bright sunlight in the room. Even though I could tell the curtains were shut, the thinness of them made the light spill through, colouring the whole room in a bright, crisp morning gold.

"bit too bright in here huh?" the man chuffed, but it was warily. "I always thought so too."

"hello." I finally found my voice to speak, after blinking better my initially damages orbs. Before me was same black cat that carried my IV last night... the scary one... so I gulped a little when we finally made eye contact.

"Hey." he dully answered, avoiding my gaze. "I have your breakfast." my eyes immediately darted to his hands, where he was carrying a tray with a plate of fruit on. "Jin thought it'd be best if you ate some fruit- or something."

"O-okay... thank you." I nodded, not blinking at all as he leant over to place the soft tray on my lap. The plate of fruit was stacked high with neatly placed slices of apples, tangerines and bananas. "wow... thank you." I couldn't help when my eyes glittered as I picked up a slice of apple with the skin cut off to place in my mouth. "It's delicious thank you." He seemed to be frozen solid beside me, no emotion seeping out at all as I chewed away. "I.... Uh-... I'm sorry Sir, but I uh- I can't remember your n-name." I stammered, my cheeks turning red at the sheer embarrassment I feel right now.

"that's okay." he blinked like a robot. "It's Yoongi."

"Yoongi." I repeated as I softly smiled up at him, or at least I was trying to but it strained my eyes a little to do so in the bright light.

"don't worry You'll get used to the brightness... or maybe I could put a towel up?" He flicked his fingers nervously, glaring at the window as if it was slowly cooking me alive.

"No, no that's okay thank you. I'll get used to it." I nodded as I took a bite of banana.

"Jin's room is a lot darker than this one huh?" he crossed his arms as he tried to appear casual.

"Not just Mr. Jin, but my room at home as well." I continued to talk absentmindedly as I chowed down on the fruit. "Master keeps me downstairs at the back of the house. The sun never got to that part, and even if it did my window is too small to let in a lot of light."

"I see." he spoke with a hint of concern.

"But I like that window anyway, that's where I put my rocks."

"your rocks?" Yoongi inquired, making the bold move to actually sit on the bed beside me.

"yeah... when master goes to work I do chores outside and sometimes I'll see a rock on the floor near the flower bed or... a small pebble and I think they're really pretty." I giggled, remembering my small group of rock friends that looked after me. I would tell him I gave them all names... but I didn't want him to think I was weirder than I already was. "Sorry, I'm talking too much." I ducked my head a little as I mentally scolded myself.

"no, you're not." The cat seemed to pout a little as his arms crossed even closer to his chest. He nodded a few times to himself before mumbling his next sentence, sounding as indifferent to me as he could. "It's nice to talk to you."

"Really?!" My head snapped up and he flinched a little.

"Yeah." his lips quirked after the initial shock once he saw just how happy that observation had made me.