*3*

PET'S POV:

I didn't know I had slept through dinner until the sound of soft, tired breathing roused me from my slumber. It pitch black in the room but I could still see that Jin the doctor was beside me. He was laying with his chest against the mattress, his face squished towards me as an hand delicately rested on my forearm. His fingers were resting against my cast, making it clear that he has been caressing the bandages on my broken arm before he had ultimately fallen asleep.

My heart lurched in comfort and something warm inside me swelled. I've never known what it feels like to be completely calm... I've always been on edge, always waiting for the bad to come.

But tonight, for the first time... I felt safe... for once completely safe. I knew no-one would come barging in to scream at me tonight... because he was holding me... he wouldn't let me get yelled at.

If there is a god... I pray that he would let this man keep me...

and that maybe, I could keep him too.

...

"kitten? I have to go to work now." A sweet voice pierced my consciousness from sleep. Just from the smell alone I knew it was the polar bear, so I had nothing to worry about. A small whinge of dismay from my lips made the man chuckle and stroke my forehead. "Don't worry, I'll be back soon, just rest for now."

"don't go." I really don't know what came over me, maybe it was my brain speaking without thinking in the lull of slumber, or plainly just the need to cling to him a little longer. Either way his reaction calmed any nerves that dared to show.

"I'll miss you too kitten." he chuckled in delight as he patted between my ears "also, I'm sorry you didn't get your chicken last night... but I didn't want to disturb your rest, but don't worry, Jimin-ie will feed you lots of delicious things today! I guarantee it!"

At that I sighed and let out a small smile before I let my rest take over me again.

...

JIMIN POV:

I let the little kitten sleep in till noon, even though my instincts were lashing at me to wake her up and pamper her. As a feline I can't help it, I may be a Deadly Snow leopard, but I still can't help myself when one of my kind is injured.

I knew soon enough Tae and Yoongi would be crumbling to their instincts as well. Once they get sight of her fragile body, they won't even have a choice.

I had spent the morning making food for her. After Namjoon had told us yesterday that the girl loved chicken but barely got any at her old home... well, my mind had gone a little berserk. Infront of me stood a whole roast chicken, just pulled out the oven and still steaming. I bought it this morning for the little kitten... I knew the others would be mad at my intensity... but I couldn't help it!

Even as I stand here now, preparing her plate, my tail won't stop flicking in eagerness. Just the thought of her eating fills me with such a warmth, it's kind of intense to bare.

I had made another soup for the little kitten as well, she needed her hydration as well after all. So, with everything ready, I dashed upstairs, the tray in hand and my eyes dilated with glee.

I knocked on Jin's door softly before walking in.

She was still asleep, her broken body rising and falling with every breathe. I closed the door behind me, even though I knew we were home alone, it still felt right to protect her a little more.

I placed the food on Jin's bedside table before calling for her to wake.

"kitten? It's Jimin... I have your food?" my voice had a little stammer in it as I rubbed my nail into my thumb, fuelling my excitement into something else to effectively calm me down.