*2*

JUNGKOOK POV:

"Hyung?! Is everything okay?" I spluttered out, interrogating Namjoon Hyung with giant eyes the second he walked into the kitchen. The rest of us had been hiding here since Jin Hyung disappeared into his medical office. We tried to hide it, but there was no denying we were all shaken up and restless from the bizarre smell of a female presence intruding on our home.

Namjoon's eyes immediately softened when he saw our worried faces, walking up to us, he kissed my forehead before sighing heavily against my skin.

"everything is fine buddy." my tail wiggled at my Hyung's gentle touch and I couldn't help but be instantly comforted.

"Is she still asleep?" Taehyung pressed, his large black eyes glossed over with fear. While Yoongi's hand had curled around the back of his neck, hoping to stabilising him.

"yes Tae, she's very injured, she won't be waking up for a while, don't worry we're safe." Namjoon spoke softly as his hand stroked along Taehyung's tail, where it was currently twisting itself around his waist, searching for affection.

"Jin Hyung is still with her huh?" Yoongi, grumbled a little possessively, as his ears twitched with impatience.

"yes hyung, he's watching over her." it was clear to see Namjoon was tired, so it wasn't long before someone stepped in to help.

"come on Namjoon-ie, sit down." Hoseok's took hold of Namjoon's hand as he lead him to the dining table, before sinking him into a seat by his shoulders "I have your dinner."

"thanks Hobi." he rubbed his hands over his head as Hoseok placed his meal in front of him. The rest of us scurried to gather around the table, every one of us too skittish right now to go to bed, even though it was getting late.

"Is she dangerous?" Jimin finally shivered in a pout, his feline ears pulling back into his hair as he imagined the worst.

"No Jimin-ie, she can't even walk."

"Oh-" Something in a couple my hyung's eyes softened at the revelation, but I still held strong my suspicions toward this new intruder. None of us knew anything about this new cat, and I wasn't about to be happy be-friending a possible criminal.

All of us seemed to be stuck in thought over this new cat, until Namjoon pulled us out of it.

"Don't worry, she won't be here forever, just until she's better."

"Good." I couldn't hold back from muttering under my breath. I didn't know who this feline was... but I didn't like how Jin Hyung wasn't coming down to see us. Did he suddenly like this stranger?... It bothered me... enough to tick me off.

...

KITTEN'S POV:

I felt so heavy, so incredibly heavy that I couldn't dream of moving.

Not even my eyelids felt light enough to open... 

However... I was so comfortable.

I think I may have died and gone to heaven, because there's no way that the hard ground of an alley would be this warm and cosy. In fact, I don't think I've ever been this snug and warm... 

Maybe If I don't fight it... could just stay like this forever...

I sighed, my consciousness seconds away from fading back out into nothingness when a faint movement next to my body plummeted my brain back to earth...

There was someone right next to me... and now that I was waking up, I could smell them better... and they smelt... weird.

With all my strength I tried to open an eye, just one, but it felt like lifting a boulder, enough to make me breathless.