* 10 *

Welp... I was meant to take a break from writing this week... but ended up writing over 11,000 words for this chapter... oops. 

I hope you enjoy! CONTENT WARNING: mentions of sexual activity. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAEHWA POV:

"well, your wounds are looking a lot better Maehwa!" Doctor Youngjae smiled down at me while checking over my bandages. "I think the patches on your stomach can come off now, it'll be good for them to get some air."

"what about her feet? How are they looking?" Jin asked while leaning over the doctor's shoulder, a hint of impatient worry in his voice.

"well, the right is looking great, it's only the heel that still looks a little raw. However, the left definitely needs more time, so I'd recommend staying off that one for a little while longer. Though if maehwa stays on the ball of her right foot she might be ready to start walking on crutches."

"Crutches!? Already?!" Jin panicked. "Isn't it too soon?!"

"I don't think so." Youngjae smiled. "I think she can start as soon as she gets home, if she wants."

"really?!" I gasped at the possibility of walking again, my smile unmissable.

"what about her broken forearm?! She can't put pressure on it right? It's still healing."

"actually, her arm is looking very good, I can feel no damage-"

"I'll need an x-ray to be sure." Jin butted in.

"Jin-ah." The doctor chuckled at his worry.

"please, I won't believe you if we don't..."

"ah fine, come on, let's go while it's free."

...

Youngjae and Jin wheeled me down the hallways of the hospital till we entered an empty room with a huge machine thingy inside.

"don't be worried kitten, nothing bad will happen." Jin whispered down into the top of my head. "come on, let's get you laid down." he smiled as he picked me up to lay me down on a flat surface in the middle of the machine. "it's going to make a big sound so don't get scared okay, It'll all be okay." Jin's ears flicked a little as he stroked my hair.

"we're just going to go behind that window maehwa." Youngjae called and with a nod of my head they left me. large scary sounds entered my ears when the machine around me started to light up. I tried not to shake as it scanned me for a few minutes till Jin and Youngjae were coming back in.

Jin and I waited in Youngjae's office for a little while till he came back with a few images in his hands and a smile on his face.

"so... as I thought, your arm has healed very nicely." He started, while pointing at the first image in his hands. "you'll be able to take the cast off when you get home. However, here you can see that the shinbone still needs a bit of time to heal completely, so make sure you stay off that leg for the time being."

He took a big breath and Jin and I became a little nervous. "Also, the x-ray picked up something we hadn't noticed, there is some evidence of trauma on your ribcage that has made me wonder if this injury was different from your recent one. Can you tell me a little about that?"

"uh yes... it was from a few years ago... I- I used to have a master."

"I see... so he did this to you?"

"yes, he got angry at me..." Jin held me a little closer as my scent become more and more stained with sickness.

"and... did he get you medical treatment afterwards?"