* 6 *

TAEHYUNG POV:

I was currently painting on a medium canvas, using my big easel so I could stand to get a better angle. To my left I could see Jimin and Kitten sitting side by side with boards in their laps, happily sketching away.

My curiosity was killing me to know what they were painting, though I could see how the kitten looked over to Jimin's page every two seconds to make sure she was doing it right.

Jungkook had come in about 5 minutes ago, and was still setting up his stand by the window.

I admit I couldn't really think of anything to paint... my University portfolio revolved around Picasso and embracing the nonsensical... but right now all I could think to do was paint what was in front of me.

Part of me didn't want to paint the kitten when she had bandages and casts all wrapped around her, so I settled with just their faces. I sketched out the outlines of their soft ears, how they were both tilted a little towards each other as they sat side by side. Their sweet foreheads and the bridge of their noses as they both had their gazes down towards their sheets of paper.

My paintings were never too realistic, that wasn't my style, but I tried for this one. I didn't want to make a fool of myself and make them both look bad. I mean, Jimin had always been beautiful in my mind... but now that I was focused, for the first time I could see the beauty in the little kitten as well.

The two of them spoke back and forth a couple times and I admit I was jealous of how casual Jimin could be around her. She wasn't tense in his presence, and she didn't even mind when his tail would flick softly over her own, daring to curl around her big fluffy tail to hold her with his own sleek one.

I could only imagine what her tail would feel like wrapped around my own, my orange stripes woven sweetly with her soft fur. We carried on like this until lunchtime rolled around, and we all decided to have a break.

"That's looking really good kitten." Jimin praised as he placed down his sketch of a badly drawn kitten.

"Thank you Jimin, I like yours more than mine though." I couldn't bare not to sneak round and take a look at her drawing too, even if she tried to hide it. I peeked from behind her, pretending to stretch as she placed her drawing down showing a funny looking face, resembling something a five year old would draw. The eyes were shaped as different sized almonds and the nose was just... well, very abstract.

"who's that supposed to be?" Jungkook couldn't help but ask as he too looked over her shoulder. Her body tensed and shoulder's tightened at his voice, worried he would mock her.

"It's Jimin..." She sounded like she didn't want to answer.

"we decided to draw each other." Jimin giggled happily, his hand gently stroking the back of her head, where her ears were pressed back. All the while his tail flicked at us in obvious warning not to tease her.

"I-I like it kitten." I found my voice to speak out.

"really?" she dared to look up at me with big eyes, as I moved to her side.

"yeah, it's really my style." I nodded.

"O-oh, well T-thank you." She jittered nervously.

Jimin was eating this up, watching with a warm smile as we nervously tried to get along with one another.

"come on you three, let's go have lunch." he giggled as he moved to his knees to pick up the kitten into his arms and walk her to the dining table.

We all had a pot of noodles for ourselves, and for the first time in I think ever Jimin actually let the kitten eat by herself. Though he was watching her the whole time... I mean- who am I kidding, we were ALL watching her the whole time.