Frayed

Dakota sat at the edge of her seat as she leaned her head against the cold window on the bus

Dakota sat at the edge of her seat as she leaned her head against the cold window on the bus. She was silent as she tried to hold herself together and the distant voices of Isaac and Boyd behind her, trying to get her to talk.

She felt their hands trying to shake her, trying to get her to move or even yell at them. She stared forward as she watched the cars pass by the bus. "Kota?" Boyd called out. "Dakota Madison Enger talk to us." Isaac said to her.

Kota sat up as she turned around to face her two pack mates with tears in her eyes. "i can't believe he's dead. Derek's dead and it's all my fault."

Kota stared back at the back of the bus to where Scott and Stiles were sitting. Her eyes never leaving her boyfriend as he tried to hold off showing his pain. She wishes that she could be there for him but they both needed to grieve alone.

Stiles: He's okay. Just come back here Kota. He needs you.

Kota sighs shaking her head and turning back around.

🌕

"I don't know why you're pissed at me!" Kota screamed at Scott. The two were supposed to go out during the night for a date night to forget about everything but somehow it turned to into an argument. It all started when Scott came late, thirty minutes late.

"Why are you flirting with them? You have a boyfriend and they killed Erica!" Scott yelled at her. Kota shook her head as she scoffed at Scott. "Wow." She muttered. "I know they killed Erica. Okay? You don't have to remind me of my failing to keep her safe. She was my responsibility. Besides Scott I'm not going to yell at them in school I'm still trying to keep that part of our life normal!"

"Normal?" Scott asked her, "Dakota, none of this normal anymore." Kota threw her hands up and nodded, "I know what our new normal is and I know that means to you still talking to Allison." She says. "Don't act like I don't see everything Scott. At least me trying to flirt, like you say I do with Aiden is me trying to get to fight this battle my way not to still talk to my ex-girlfriend."

Kota walks over to her door opening her door as she looks at Scott. "I think you should go." Scott sighs as he stares at his girlfriend. "Kota please-" Scott walks up to her and tries to grab her hand. "Scott she said to go." Michael Enger said walking over to them.

Scott nodded as he stopped at the doorway staring at Kota. "By the way, Lydia is with Aiden. I'm trying to protect my friend cause I failed my other one." Kota slammed the door on him as she turned around to face her dad with tears in her eyes.

Michael brought his daughter into his arms as she sobbed in his chest. "I'm here Kota." Michael whispered.

🌕

Kota heard heavy breathing behind her as she turned around to see Boyd trying to control his shift as he had a death grip on her seat. "Boyd?" She whispered as he stared at her.