The Overlooked

Dakota Madison Enger would like to call herself the angel on Derek's shoulder

Dakota Madison Enger would like to call herself the angel on Derek's shoulder. But like every other human being, the person starts to ignore the angel and answers the devil instead.

Ever since Peter Hale told Kota about the bond that the two of them shared she believed that they were best friends. But the question still remained on why she never knew Derek was dating.

If she knew maybe she could've warned him.

The steel door of Derek's loft slides back with a clang as the three teens hear Jennifer rush in. Her voice with panic calls out, "Derek? Derek, where are you?"

"Right here." Derek steps out of the shadows walking over to her. "Thank god." She sighed in relief before rushing over, wrapping her arms around him. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it from any of them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles, and Dakota. They're gonna tell you things- things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You have to trust me." Jennifer pleaded. "What is it?" Derek asked. "Promise you'll listen to me." She said desperately, "I promise."

She kisses him, pressing her lips desperately to his. The hesitancy in him makes her pull back to look in his eyes. "They're already here, aren't they?" She said, stepping away from him. Kota steps out first with the boys behind her.

Jennifer backs away, obviously a bit nervous but tries to play it off, "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She asked. "We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected making her scoff.

"Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their threats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour - that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense." Jennifer said.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, eyes full of tears making Kota look over to him as she comfortingly grabbed his hand making the two glance at each other. "How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this?" Jennifer asked looking back at Derek.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asked and Jennifer scoffed, "No!" She said. Kota could see her innocent act was crumbling. "Ask her why she tried to kill Lydia and why she kidnapped me." Kota called out, making Jennifer look at her.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!" Jennifer asked and Derek looked at her with a slight glare, "I know Kota would never lie to me. What do you know?" He asked making her look back at him. "I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott asked, stepping forward. Kota stepped forward with a jar in her hand filled with crushed remains of green and brown leaves. "What is that?" She asked and he looked down at it as he opened it.